Plan Download Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

Thanks to Steve for getting the download section up and running. I have uploaded some of what I have accumulated and hope others will as well. I subscribe to a newsletter that includes a free plan, and will upload them periodically as I get them.

This is a very good opportunity to share plans, charts, etc with each other. I would suggest the files be in PDF format as that can be read on any type of machine with Adobe's free Reader program (www.adobe.com).

However, to be able to create PDF requires a $pecial program. If you have a soft copy of some plans - that being a picture file produced from a scanner (jpg, tif, bmp) or have written plans (from MS Word, Open Office, Powerpoint or most any text file) and want to have them converted to PDF, send them to me. You can contact me through this site, and I will reply and give you an email account where you can send them. I will convert the plans and send them back to you for uploading. That way you get credit for contributing.

Rick

gator

George
Corporate Member
Rick -

I have about 170 plans on my computer. Some are PDF, some are not, some are 10 pages (files) each, some are one file but multiple pages (as in PDF style).

A lot of them come from the WWJ E-Zine feebies each month, that might be the same newsletter you refered to.

I wouldn't have the first idea of how to set them up for downloading, but I might be able to figure out how to put the whole file folder on a CD (last time I backed up a folder, it took me 2 hours of futching around before I figured out how to transfer it to a CD) and get the CD to you to work with.

George

R

rickc

The process to upload is not too bad. You just need to provide some descriptive information, and then point it to the file on your pc. Then click "Add".

I would be willing to work with your files a bit - check them against what I already uploaded and combine others into one document. I would need the CD in a format to be read on a pc other than the MacIntosh or other Apple machines.

When you're ready, send the CD to:
Triangle Woodworker's Association
attn: Rick Cornell
PO Box 4206
Cary, NC 27519

Same offer goes to any one else. Again - if I get a lot, it might take a little bit of time.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
George, do you know how to "zip" a set files. This takes a group of files and makes them one. What OS are you using?

gator

George
Corporate Member
I know what ZIP files are but don't know how to manipulate them. But, thats ok, I have the CD burned and will give it to Rick Tuesday night at the TWA meeting.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS