Pizza Peel

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I've into a kick of making homemade pizza lately so I decided I needed a pizza peel. Not a big project like furniture or anything. In fact I knocked it out in one day along with other projects. I found a short piece of Birdseye maple in my stash and along with a skinny piece of mahogany and plenty of walnut scraps it went right together. To taper the front edge I just used a big belt sander. I used it that night and it worked well.

2%mR7s4vTEOjapFhsdFpbw.jpg7qiKoBkUTp+oxpJEV8K4Vw.jpg

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I applied a product that is mineral oil with added wax. I'll probably keep adding some every now and then.
Jt+kOtd5RH2rDhtDlnajiA.jpg Also, before placing the dough on the board I sprinkle a little corn meal on it. It slid right off thank goodness.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Looks good!
Look even better with some pizza on it. Made home made pizza yesterday. Garbage for me and veggie for LOM. Make my own crust (food processor,) and sauce . Sauce is super easy, puree tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, sugar, oregano and basil. No cooking required. Freeze in in an ice tray, then pop out cubes of sauce and store in zip lock bag in freezer. Take out what I need to make pizza. Make the dough for crust at least a day before, and let it ferment (rise) in fridge.

Last edited:

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Last weekend the pizza I made was a fig and goat cheese pizza. Added some arugula and drizzled with a balsamic reduction (with a little bit of honey added). We thought it was fantastic.
My fig trees have pretty much finished for the year but I have great plans ahead. I have a large food dehydrator so now have a supply of dried tomatoes as well as dried figs for the winter!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS