Pistashio Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Peterson

New User
Dave
...and I bet you were thinking...what does pistachio wood look like? LOL

Nope, this is a bowl for eating and shelling pistachios in your favorite recliner!

The wood is walnut. Crotch wood on the bottom, a little figure on the top. Two separate pieces, glued together. I left the support stem on the base so I could mount the little bowl on the top. Good nuts go in the top, the shells go in the bottom. That way, you don't have to sit with two bowls in your lap when watching TV. The bottom bowl is 8" in diameter, the top one is 4". It stands 3 3/4" tall. The two bowls are glued together with epoxy. The finish is Minwax tung oil. My son likes to eat pistachios, but does not like the 'two bowl' method, so this is one of his Christmas gifts.

Dave Peterson

pistachiobowl.jpg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beautiful walnut turned into a wonderful functional peice.

I am sure that it will be appreciated for a long time and be the topic of plenty of conversation!

Well done!

Wayne

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I miss the red ones!

And nice bowl(s)!!

It seems the only reason they were dyed red was to hide the imperfections. But I agree, they just seemed to taste a whole lot better than the naked ones. When I was in the navy, I used to buy bags when in port just to have them while at sea. Miss the good ole days. :thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS