Pistachio Pedestal

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
My sister say this and thinks its really cool with a place to put the shells. Wants me to make one.

1592313233553.png

Trying to figure out how it is put together. Looks kind of like a router bowl inside another router bowl.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Jeff, you'd probably want to make an indent in the bottom of the top piece to keep it from sliding around.

Pop-pop, a circular version would be a lot easier than messing with router bowl templates - good idea.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I'd suggest putting the top piece on a fat dowel pedestal raised up a couple of inches. That way there would be more room for hulls to get pushed under the top section. Hulls take up significantly more room than the whole nuts.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Even with an indent or dowel I would always keep them separate when using them unless the bottom was significantly larger. I've hardly ever eaten them unless standing or in my lap.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am thinking you could make a scroll saw version. Both top and bottom "trays" would be made out of a flat piece, say 1/2" with a outer raise ring, say 1/2" glued on. The bottom "tray" would also have a small block attached to set the top "tray" on. I would add a small piece of dowel to the top of the block so the top "tray" would sit securely but be removal. The beauty of a scroll saw versions is the "trays" could be just about any shape you wanted. I can visualize it. I just wish I could do graphic design on a computer to show you what I am thinking.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott, good idea. They are all card players so ones made in the shape of hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds would be cool. Maybe just shape the top tray and leave the bottom more plain.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS