Pin Nailer Which One And Where

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeves

New User
dwight
I Am Looking To Buy A Pin Nailer. Anyone Have Any Feed Back On One. Can They Really Drive A 2" Pin Without Bending? Thanks Dwight

Badabing

New User
Joe
I've got a Grex P635 and absolutely love it. I use it all the time. While I thought it was a bit on the expensive side (about $190) when I bought it, I have not once regretted the expenditure. The only comparison I can make is to a Harbor Freight model that I had previously. Needless to say the Grex is head and shoulders above in quality, function, etc.

If you plan on using it a lot, then spend the extra money and get a really nice one. Otherwise there are several other brands that I'm sure would be very good choices and cost about half of what the Grex does.

Either way, be very careful with pin nailers. Unlike brads and finish nails, pin nails tend to follow their own path through the wood sometimes. I've caught my fingers a time or two when I held them too close to the side of the where I was nailing and the pin nail decided to just take a left turn out of the wood into my finger :BangHead:

Hope that helps!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I Am Looking To Buy A Pin Nailer. Anyone Have Any Feed Back On One. Can They Really Drive A 2" Pin Without Bending? Thanks Dwight

Dwight

I picked up a PC PIN100 at the local HD this week for $99.95. Needed a pin nailer for a little project I have going on. It shot through soft cedar effortlessly, I will have to see when it comes to a harder wood. It seems to be well constructed and haven't encountered any jams as yet. This particular gun shoots anywhere from 1/2" - 1" pins, though.

Works for me and besides I just had to spend that $50 Xmas gift card!:lol:

Wayne

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the PC pinner. Does a good job IMO. It does not shoot 2" pins though. The pins will deflect like brads do so you do have to watch pin placement and where you put your hands.

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
I've never seen a pin nailer that is supposed to shoot 2" 23 ga pins. 18 ga brad nailers yes and I have shot them. You just have to be careful with placement and make sure your aren't a leaner :-(

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Bought a Grex at the Greensboro expo last spring. It's a nice tool: light weight, will shoot into white oak w/o problems every time. Longest pins I have is 1-5/8, but it will do 2" pins. Also, he grex does not need any adjustment when loading different lenght pins. Yes, it is a bit more than most, but it has never misfired, jammed ; every pins was set properly. I figure over a 3 months time I spend more money on buying a cup of coffee on my way to work than what I spent on the pinner.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS