pimp my pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Last fall I [STRIKE]stole[/STRIKE] bought an old used-but-not-abused Coleman Sun Valley pop up :gar-Bi Stove works, heater works, lights ( inside and out ) work. Sink had a faucet but I found it to be cracked and essentially worthless. A replacement was stupidly expensive because it is a low-profile model so the beds will clear when slid in to drop the top. i'm not used to a sink anyway ...always been a tent kind of guy so I didn't sweat it. I just took the faucet out

Pop_up_kitchen.jpg

My mind kept coming back to it though as it would be convenient to have ;). I bounced a lot of things around and nothing really suited other than to just hook a garden hose and sprayer to it
Suddenly the ol inspiration hit :widea: This was the result

Pop_up_kitchen2.jpg

Pop_up_kitchen3.jpg

Hose and sprayer with an upgrade :gar-Bi I scrolled the faucet ( of course ) and the business end is just a brass spray nozzle that locks into a tapered hole that I can just twist to use. I added a towel/dishcloth rack and a paper towel spindle. The faucet comes loose with a wing nut and everything else comes out as well and fits in the drawer. I sized the bolt length to insure it would not interfere with the bed. The hose and sprayer just lays behind the counter :icon_thum

It's been a long winter and it was nice to get an idea and have something simple to work with while I'm upgrading my shop :D The maiden voyage is in 2 weeks :eusa_danc

Thanks fer lookin :D

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
That's usin the ol noggin Robert! I like it.
If you don't want to go far to try it out, you are welcome to park it on my lot next door and hook up to our water. You can also use the dock and fishing boat if you want to fish or SUNBATHE...in your bibs of course! :rotflm:

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Robert, That's called thinking outside the box.
Doesn't it feel great when you come up with a unique idea?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dang boy...next you will come out with an all wooden toilet and I don't mean the outhouse type.

Pyrut

New User
Jack
Great idea and good thinkin'. Nice to know others refuse to pay exorbitant prices for items we can replace with "Just as good as..."

sawduster

New User
Robert
That's usin the ol noggin Robert! I like it.
If you don't want to go far to try it out, you are welcome to park it on my lot next door and hook up to our water. You can also use the dock and fishing boat if you want to fish or SUNBATHE...in your bibs of course! :rotflm:

Yeah, a bathing suit on me looks like a rubber band on an egg :rotflm: I 'preeshate the invite but I am right around the corner from Holly Point at Falls Lake and have already reserved our favorite site :eusa_danc

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Nice solution. I like it.

I had a Coleman pop-up for a number of years and there was always something to fix or maintain on it. Campers are like boats in that respect.

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done Robert :thumbs_up. I used to camp in an Apache pop up and one tends to get inventive with small trailers. I made some storage for under the bed using a plywood case/runners and plastic dishpan drawers. :wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks nicer than any faucet in our house. :gar-La; Nice work bro! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Chemeleon

Administrator
Matt
You know, if I can come up with a slightly more decorative look for the hose (bent copper maybe?) I may do something similar when I redo the kitchen in my house, well done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS