Bill

New User
William R Light Jr
sandhills001.jpg

Bill

New User
William R Light Jr
D L Ames said:
Great photo Bill, thanks for sharing. Was everyone carving anything in particular?

D L
actually we all "do our own thing". But, you can get lots of "help" with projects. I was doing a relief of a rose on the backboard of my new carving bench and all had a good time trying to figure how to draw a pentagon with a compass. Been a long time since trigonometry. Got it done and started the carving. I will try a relief of a log cabin in Maine on the shore of the Penobscot next.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Sounds interesting Bill. I have only tried my hand at carving on a couple of occasions. I did attend a wood carvers meeting at the Rockler store up in Indy once and had a great time talking and learning some tips from the carvers there. Be sure to post a few pix of your carvings for us.

D L

Bill

New User
William R Light Jr
D L Ames said:
Sounds interesting Bill. I have only tried my hand at carving on a couple of occasions. I did attend a wood carvers meeting at the Rockler store up in Indy once and had a great time talking and learning some tips from the carvers there. Be sure to post a few pix of your carvings for us.

D L

Glad to.. get a few from the next meeting of work in progress..

Bill

New User
William R Light Jr
D L Ames said:

D L
here is a picture of one of the guys in the club.
Dave.JPG
>

Bill

New User
William R Light Jr
D L Ames said:

D L
I put a bunch back in my photo album - labeled "Bills Album" but am not sure how to point folks that way.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Bill said:
I put a bunch back in my photo album - labeled "Bills Album" but am not sure how to point folks that way.

Bill, here is a pointer to your album that folks can follow. Great looking bunch of folks.

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Bill, how often does your carving club meet out there? I might just have to dust off my carving tools, sharpen them up, pack a few band-aids and head your way for a visit.

D L

Bill

New User
William R Light Jr
D L Ames said:
Bill, how often does your carving club meet out there? I might just have to dust off my carving tools, sharpen them up, pack a few band-aids and head your way for a visit.

D L
We meet every Thursday at 7:00 -9:00 pm in the basement (back door entry) of the First Baptist Church of Aberdeen (thanks to the generosity of the church). All are welcome and sometimes there is coffee. The church is on Route 1, East side I believe.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cool.......you meet every week in the evenings.:icon_thum That makes it so much easier to work into a busy schedule. I will try to join you sometime in the near future (Apr?).

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS