Pic's of my new shop- and 3 men needed Saturday @ 9AM in Cary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blbradford

New User
Bruce
It has been over 3 months of work but I am nearly finished with modifying a 740sq foot space of my downstairs basement to facilitate my new workshop.
This is what the space looked like when I started;... it comes equipped with a fireplace to burn the cut-off scraps.

DSC01620.JPG

View image in gallery

DSC01619.JPG

Then the real work began....

1. Paneling painted
IMG_1861_-_Copy.JPG

2. Carpeted removed
3. VCT Flooring installed

4. Framing for the laundry room and dust collection/vacuum closet erected.

5. 60 AMP panel installed

6. Two 220V outlets and about 1 million 120V outlets installed (Bas said I would never have enough outlets so I went crazy with copper)

7. Fiberglass insulation and double sheet rock installed for the dust collection closet completed. Then 80% of the walls and floor carpeted for sound absorption.

8. Ceiling- repainted and new walls painted.
9. Baseboards and (yes) crown molding completed.

10. Wiring for new lights installed and 90% of the lights hung- including some soft LED's (rope light).
11. 4” dust collection piping ran with 6 ports/waste gates

12. Wood storage rack installed and 90% of inventory transferred from garage.

13. 80% of the cabinets installed
14. Plumbing ran for utility sink and sink installed.

15. Beautified the new laundry room.

16. All power equipment and tools relocated.

For more pictures- please see my gallery

The items left are to run the piping for the compressed air and the last thing I need before I can start my next project is YOU.

I was the lucky guy who bought Bill Pappas Sjöbergs workbench when he closed his shop. It’s the biggest and heaviest one Sjöbergs makes. This is simply too much of a bench for my wife, and I to move. Moving the big unit must be done by removing the bench top and placing it temporarily somewhere. Then move the cabinet base onto a trailer. Then put the bench top back onto the base. All of this is not moving the top very far maybe 8 feet total.

After the bench is loaded onto my trailer I will need to drive to my lower level back side of the house where I can back my SUV and trailer fairly close to the back door- maybe a 10 foot walk to the new bench home. Then I need to again remove and temporarily place the bench top aside while I place the cabinet base to its new living place before moving the top back onto the base.

If you live near Cary Crossroads area, I need 3 strong guys to help me with this on Saturday morning at 9AM. My neighbor may be able to help which means I might only need two guys. Please let me know if you might be able to lend a hand and strong back and I will send you the address.

Thanks,

Bruce

Last edited:

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
The shop looks great Bruce! Sorry, but I'm not able to assist on Saturday.

bobby g

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Outstanding job Bruce, that really looks great. You won't regret any of the work, there's no such thing as overkill when it comes to space, outlets and lights. In fact, you're going to be so organized you won't know what to do with yourself.

Oh, wait, I know...buy more tools :) :tool:

I'll see if I can make it out there Saturday morning and help you move the bench. I don't think it'll be that bad.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce, the shop is looking great. I will swing over at 9, but I really need to leave by 10 as I must pickup some cherry in Durham.

For air piping I have about 70 feet of surplus IR aluminum tubing that is just taking up space. It is known to be the best air tubing you can buy. I even have the hangers, you would just need to buy the couplings and fittings. Let me know if you want it. I can bring it Saturday

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Oh man oh man. How fun!!! That is going to be so nice. I'm in Clayton, but if you need one more person I'd make the trip. Just let me know.

Tom Swortzel

manfre

New User
Manfre
I'm near you, but will either need to find some one to haul back 50 bf of maple & 10-15 bf of cherry from Durham later in the morning, or convince my wife that she wants to skip exercise class on Saturday to let me have fun with wood stuff.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm near you, but will either need to find some one to haul back 50 bf of maple & 10-15 bf of cherry from Durham later in the morning, or convince my wife that she wants to skip exercise class on Saturday to let me have fun with wood stuff.

Or you could just ride with me to move the bench and then on to the lumber run. I am only getting 50 bdft so there is plenty of room for yours

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks good. If you need more help Saturday, PM me with an address and phone number and time. I'm in Cary, not too far away and happy to help.

- Ken.

blbradford

New User
Bruce
Thank you Phil and Manfre for offering to help out Saturday at 9. We now have the bodies we need. Bas- we still need your supervision if you can make it- and also your opinion of the progress since you viewed the shop before kick-off.

Thank you all for the other offers.

Helping hands :)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Getting the bench in turned out to be a simple affair. The top of the bench actually comes off, so there wasn't a lot of grunting involved (other than those used for shop admiration).

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

Bruce's garage is now remarkably empty. Plenty of room for new tools in the adjunct-workshop :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS