Picnic, Wood & All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

New User
Rod
I have been away for a while but have been checking in from time to time. Recently I went on a thread to read about the picnic (5/16 I think?). At that time, it seemed that there was a shortage of wood for sale...both lumber and turning stock.

I can't promise anything at this point, but I might be able to bring some lumber...around 5000bf of walnut, cherry, cedar and maybe some other mixed in. If I remember, it is mostly 3/4 and 5/4 with some 8/4 mixed in here and there (mostly 6ft long, but some longer). I, also have some turning stock at my farm. I have wormy chestnut pen blanks (and some lumber for that matter)... As for bowl stock, I have a small cow trailer full of it...apple, walnut, spalted maple, spalted beech, hemlock. I haven't laid eyes on it for a while, but I think it's in good shape.

I haven't checked to see if I am available for the picnic and would need to work on the lumber to see if I can get my hands on it in time, but......if there is the need/demand for wood, I can make it happen either for the picnic or soon thereafter. If it doesn't work out for the picninc, then I might could gather up what I have for sale and make a trip from Valle Crucis (Boone) to Raleigh in late May or mid-June and make stops along the way. Much like Santa Claus!!! I don't know...just a thought.

In conclusion (hehe), if there's a want/need/demand, then I'm glad to do it. If money is tight right now, then I can wait. I could probably do somewhere around $2.00/bf for the lumber, but would NOT have a clue as to what a fair price for turning stock would be. Maybe some suggestions from you seasoned sellers would help me.

Ok, that's it for now. I hope everyone is fairing well with the economy and all that. Money is tight up here in the mountains too, but it sure is beautiful...and the fishing is great.
Rod

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rod, thanks for the VERY kind and generous offer. I am sure you will have plenty of takers. The only problem is they (the State of NC) to have a sale on state park land. I can see their side. This is just me talking but June would be better.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Rod:

the picnic is the 17th. I would send JimmyC a PM regarding the wood. He has offered his place in Clayton to store the wood. The exchange of $ could occur out of the park to avoid violating the State rules.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors