Picnic Weed Pots For the Elderly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
How many weed pots can we collect at the picnic? There have been several threads posted by me in reference to Weed Pots for our respected seniors in the local nursing homes in and around Rowan County. I really do not care which county these find their way to. The idea is to provide the elderly people shut up in the local nursing homes with some beauty and woodworking skills. I challenge all ncww members to bring all the weed pots that they can make to the picnic in May. I will provide artificial flowers to place in the weed pots then deliver them to the respected nursing homes. I really wish that all of you could have witnessed the smiles on the recipients faces when we delivered them a few weeks ago!! It was definately a NCWW event!! Thanks for all you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
So let me get this right We are making weed posts for the elderly and giving them to you at the picnic. So that makes you..... :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Count me in do a simple pot or two :thumbs_up

PChristy

New User
Phillip
So let me get this right We are making weed posts for the elderly and giving them to you at the picnic. So that makes you..... :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::gar-La;:gar-La;:eusa_clap

TracyP

Tracy
:gar-La;

Call me elderly if you will, I will not be offended. These folks are PRECIOUS! The smiles on their faces are PRICELESS!!!!!

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Wished I could make the picnic,but its just to far,but I finally got some in the works and hope to get em in the mail bout mon.

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy, did you get any pictures from the last WP give away

Due to the privacy policies in place at most health care facilities, The pictures that were taken will not be posted. But please take my word for it, the response was unbelievable!!!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Due to the privacy policies in place at most health care facilities, The pictures that were taken will not be posted. But please take my word for it, the response was unbelievable!!!

I didn't think about that - Oh I wasn't doubting your word - My grandmother was in a home for alittle while and the seniors there would be happy just to see someone when we went to visit grandmother

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Sure, Tracy ... "privacy policies":gar-La; ... I bet we show up at your house and there are 30 weed pots in every room! :rotflm:

TracyP

Tracy
Sure, Tracy ... "privacy policies":gar-La; ... I bet we show up at your house and there are 30 weed pots in every room! :rotflm:
There are actually ten or so here now, staged and waiting for the next delivery. I really have no room for them, the MIL has commandeered my dining room table for her weed pot project:rotflm:. We Have to eat dinner from the couch now. Still cannot post nursing home photos though:nah::no:. I respect these folks rights. But, let one of them tell me it is alright and know that they have all of their faculties;then the photos will be posted:thumbs_up.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hip, hip, hooray for Tracy!
'course be easy with those hips in the nursing homes :eusa_naug
My mom spent five years in "Assisted Living" and I know how much those folks appreciate someone remembering them. :icon_thum

BTW, have you made mine yet :confused_

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS