Picnic Photographer Volunteer Needed

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hello all,

I am really excited to be a part of the 2023 North Carolina Wood Worker picnic planning committee. While we were holding our first meeting we realized that we need a volunteer to take photographs as the picnic on Saturday, May 20th. If you are interested in exercising your inner artist and willing to help out please respond to this thread at your convenience.

Note: I was serving on the picnic committee before I was elected to the board. It is not required to be on the board to help with a committee. We strongly encourage your involvement. Many hands make light work.

Thank you,

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

schnable

New User
Andrew
I don't see any information on times or dates on the web site. I would think the picnic might be nice to mention on the front page and possibly under events?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do we have a time? I didn't see that anywhere either, and the boss was asking.
People tend to arrive at 10:00 - 10:30, some people usually have some personal items for sale and a lot of that happens before the start...
I think we will have an official 11:00 start, but subject to change since we are still in picnic planning and that includes the agenda...

I will have an updated post on Monday April 10th

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm going to try to rebuild my 28-70n lens in the next couple of weeks. If I'm successful, I can take photos in the pavilion and not standing at the lake or parking lot (unknown words mumbled under my breath).

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm going to try to rebuild my 28-70n lens in the next couple of weeks. If I'm successful, I can take photos in the pavilion and not standing at the lake or parking lot (unknown words mumbled under my breath).
What brand camera do you have?
What lens do you need?

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Canon EF
28-70, duh. "UGH! education... wasted on the young!"
Seriously I have one other lens that is a long telephoto. So about anything in the 35-70 range, prime or telephoto.
HA HA
Let me check - I have a Cannon lens, I think it is an EOS, but isn't the bayonet the same?
Not for sale, but borrowable (with proof of insurance or a cash deposit of course!)

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Crashed and burned on the lens repair this evening. Accidentally blew up the aperture and the shutter. I did get the aperture drive repaired. Little consolation. Made need to start a go fund me page.

Help is always appreciated Barry

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS