Picnic Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
From home base here and another location, the following items will be brought to the picnic. BBQ pork, BBQ chicken, slaw, boiled potatoes, 10 gallons of sweet tea, and five gallons of unsweetened (provide someone doesn't pick up one of the coolers by the lid:rotflm:. Hush puppies will be fried on site, so they are hot. If you have signed up to bring tea, please choose something else, as this item is more than covered. Gary will be getting ice from my ice maker, as he lives close to it's location, so ice is also taken care of. I still need choppers and peelers on Saturday morning, after 7:00 AM. I will make some ham biscutts, but bring your own coffee. I don't drink coffee, so you definitely don't want me to make any:no:!!!! Some GPS's can't locate me. Even the census folks couldn't locate me. Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Count me as one of your helpers for Saturday morning. I've got dibs on chopping....I peeled enough potatoes in basic training to last me a lifetime. :gar-Bi

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
A suggestion and a question

1) Please post this information on the page where people sign up to bring things.

B) How do I remove the iced tea that I had signed up to bring?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A suggestion and a question

1) Please post this information on the page where people sign up to bring things.

B) How do I remove the iced tea that I had signed up to bring?
It was easier to post items being furnished by NC Woodworker here. I'm not sure of exactly how to post multiple items in the other forums. I don't know how to edit items in other post. Because we are doing cooking here, and I can make tea in volume. Your presence is the most desired item. By doing as much as possible here, this relieves the "out of towners" of some worry, and hassle. Bruce

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Susan, I deleted your entries in the sign up form, but think I got overzealous.

Please resubmit the following items you offered to bring: Deviled Eggs Paper Towels

Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bruce, I'll be glad to assist in any way that I can. Put me down for whatever you need me to do - transport, chop, etc.

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bruce, what is the plan for tomorrow? Where do you need us to be and at what time? What tools (ie chopping knives, etc) do you need for us to bring with us?

My wife is appropriating my pickup to pull a horse trailer; so I'll be in the Prius (no room for large items but can still carry a lot).

Thx.

Scott

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce, what is the plan for tomorrow? Where do you need us to be and at what time? What tools (ie chopping knives, etc) do you need for us to bring with us?

My wife is appropriating my pickup to pull a horse trailer; so I'll be in the Prius (no room for large items but can still carry a lot).

Thx.

Scott

Last I heard 7:00 AM at Bruce's. Bruce was making breakfast but BYOC (Bring you own coffee). I think the chopping committee was to be Bruce, Stuart, you and me. Not sure if anyone else is signed up.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
RAT's hows the weather over there? gettin ready ta hook up the camper an,it decides to start rainin here in Whittier,DANG IT,Bout a 6 hr trip for up,but lookin forward ta meeting some new friends tomorrow. :icon_cheers :eek:ccasion1 :banana:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Right now it's sunny and clear, but there is a 50% chance of rain overnight and tomorrow.

ScottM: I have a trailer that can be towed behind your truck (assuming that you have a receiver hitch), should you be interested. We could move a bunch of tables and chairs on it, if needed.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
RAT's hows the weather over there? gettin ready ta hook up the camper an,it decides to start rainin here in Whittier,DANG IT,Bout a 6 hr trip for up,but lookin forward ta meeting some new friends tomorrow. :icon_cheers :eek:ccasion1 :banana:

It is 71 and not a cloud in the sky in Raleigh/Cary

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Based on what we did last year when the Q was cooked at my house, chopping will be a quick and painless process. We used Bruce's chop box and scrap hoe and Pete had 9 shoulders chopped in no more than 30 minutes. It is a quick and easy process. Now, if we could find a way to quickly, and without much effort, peel those potatoes, that would really be something. I'm sure I'm going to have flashbacks to basic training at Ft. Jackson, SC in 19....well, let's just say a LONG time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS