Picnic discussions - copied from pm's

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
As requested, here is a pm that discusses some aspects of the picnic preparations:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by b4man

I think this should be in the BoD Forum but have no clue how to get it there.
Copy & Paste

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by McRabbet

I am going to include all of the BoD on this PM thread, so it can be more productive (perhaps we should move it to a thread).

I see we have a dish signup going (I answered it already) and an attendance thread (also answered). Dennis would be the one to arrange a caterer -- I like his food suggestions so far. I believe we need to get some door prizes as well; I'd suggest we get some from both Rick DiNardo (The Woodworking Source) and Klingspor's Woodworking Shop; they have supplied us with them in the past at 10% off the face value -- we need to establish a budget for them (I'd suggest we give out about $500 in GC's, split 50-50 between these 2 vendors).
I purchased some items @ the WWing Show in CLT like glue bottles, brushes, etc. all in the $5-8 range.

We should also have a thread to solicit member projects for display and perhaps award a few prizes for "best of" (maybe Cathy could coordinate this). In the past, we've had a Picnic Committee that has coordinated lots of the activities (perhaps Dennis has one going).

We are using the Group feature for Picnic Committee discussions & have one started already.

Lots of details to work out -- utensils, napkins, coolers, ice, table covers, etc. I will be handling the raffle but will need someone to assist. Does the shelter have grilles? Do we need some charcoal and cooking utensils?
Caterer is providing plates & utensils if we use the on I suggest. Scott said it would be better that way.

Just a few things that come to mind...
quote_icon.png

Other than discussion about how to expedite the raffle numbers, Susan BKind2animals is going to have name tags prnted, Dennis creating a poll for attendance and sign up sheet for side dishes, I know of nothing more.

At what point should we have the caterer under contract?

We can confirm that as soon as we get some #s. Looking at other caterers from other members' suggestions as well. Look at the' Picnic Committee' Group under 'Community' tab and sub tab 'Groups' for more info.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by McRabbet

Before I answer, I need to know what preparations we have other than the venue. I haven't been on the website since Saturday.
quote_icon.png

Rob,
Are you satisfied with the progress made so far in our planning stage? Is there anything else we need to be doing Originally Posted by b4man

Other than discussion about how to expedite the raffle numbers, Susan BKind2animals is going to have name tags prnted, Dennis creating a poll for attendance and sign up sheet for side dishes, I know of nothing more.

At what point should we have the caterer under contract?

We can confirm that as soon as we get some #s. Looking at other caterers from other members' suggestions as well. Look at the' Picnic Committee' Group under 'Community'
tab and sub tab 'Groups' for more info.

Last edited:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Thank you Cathy - those pms get so screwed up after a few replies I have trouble reading them!
Looks good so far. It was mentioned about door prizes from members also earlier.
What might be the best way to solicit interest and donations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS