Picnic and Sides

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Put us (LOML and I) down for iced tea, deviled eggs, and a dessert. Maybe some home made ham biscuits also. On the tea, I will bring a dispenser of both SWEET, and unsweet. This should be more than enough for the whole gang. Do I need to bring some hot dogs for the little ones? (We have in the past.) If the day is going to be warm, as in hot, we will bring a couple fans and extension cords to run them.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Might bring a few hot dogs but I'm not sure about little ones. If you look at the survey, only one respondent indicated >2 in their party.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
We will be bringing a Mexican bean salad, serving utensils.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you all for supporting the picnic.

Last edited:

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
I wasn't sure I could attend but now am able - will bring an artichoke dip and some pita chips.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bumping this to the top. If you haven't already volunteered to bring something and you plan to attend the picnic, please consider bringing a side, dessert, or something edible. The meat is furnished, we need sides for everyone and expecting around 55 of us to attend. This will be a fun time and good food makes for more fun.

Here's the agenda (times are estimates):
10:00 - 12:00 Set-up, Fellowship, swap tools, materials, and stories
12:00 -1:30 (or earlier) Lunch
1:30-1:45ish Annual Business meeting and Awards
1:45-last ticket. Raffle drawing

For those wondering: Door prizes will be given out. Sounds like a swap meet may happen also.

Post to this thread with what edibles you will bring.

Thank you everyone for your generosity and support of ncwoodworker.net

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
What else is needed? I will be coming and will bring something but am not sure what all else is needed or desired.

Also, what is the exact location? Jordan Lake is a pretty broad location and I am not really familiar with it. Is the Seaforth Recreation Area Shelter the specific spot?

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
@SabertoothBunny
Look at the OP and match that with what you like but don't see. Bring that! There is no specific menu. Please let me know the category.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
What else is needed? I will be coming and will bring something but am not sure what all else is needed or desired.

Also, what is the exact location? Jordan Lake is a pretty broad location and I am not really familiar with it. Is the Seaforth Recreation Area Shelter the specific spot?
Seaforth Shelter is a specific spot. Just go straight after the entry booth. It will be on the left.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
FWIW, we had a report that Jordan Lake was very busy last weekend. Probably associated with the holiday. Might want to think about adding some time to get into the rec area.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Seaforth Shelter is a specific spot. Just go straight after the entry booth. It will be on the left.

Is there any charge to enter here, I know some lakes charge entry.

Also, not sure work will free up for me to come, but if I can I feel guilty not bringing anything.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
@tri4sale
Here are the 'parking' fees for Jordan Lake:

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 7.13.17 PM.png

As to attending without bringing something, don't worry about it. Nobody will be monitoring who doesn't bring something. If you have commitments that prevent you from preparing/purchasing something, no harm, no foul. If you feel a need to relieve your guilt, make a donation to the forum. Or buy (more) raffle tickets.

Still, let me reinforce, there is no 'forum' requirement for everyone to bring something. This really is a time to celebrate what we all get from being part of the forum. Come celebrate with us.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS