I said it in another thread, too but will say it again here --

[pie]
THANK YOU, GAIL AND STEVE!
[/pie]

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks, Carol enjoyed the chat too! I read this morning that there are 3 countries that don't use the Metric system: Liberia, Myanma (Burma) and the USA! I think I'll stick to Metric and try and convert a few of the members here! I often say that if you want to improve your accuracy by 30% use the millimeter scale instead of the 1/16th :gar-La;
I know one way to convert the US over to the metric system. Give everyone a Festool Domino. No matter how attached someone may be to imperial measurements, Festool corrupts :)

BTW, I've discovered that measurements such as a "smidgen" and "hair" work in any system and any country.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The only negative I saw was that DaveO's infamous horseradish eggs were gone before I got a chance to choke on... I mean... enjoy one (or two)! :mrgreen: :wink_smil I'll be sure to get in line sooner next year so I dont miss out!! :wwink:

Heck if I hadn't snuck a few before the food was officially served I wouldn't have gotten any either. My chickens need to up their egg production for next year.
Thank goodness that Terry and his wife came through with many dozen of wonderful Horseradish deviled eggs. I will admit that I enjoyed them a little more than mine. They weren't as timid with the Horseradish :icon_thum:icon_thum

Steve and Gail again you have thrown the best picnic I've ever attended. The least we could do is help out where ever needed, in exchange for all y'all have done.

Thanks to NCWw'er for making this a momentous occasion...and a whole lot of fun.

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
I don't think "THANK YOU" can be said enough to you for everything you have done for this club, but here's another one "THANK YOU"

Now .... what rocking chair??????? I was all over that picnic and not only never even heard about it, let alone saw it. :cry_smile
Rita

I guess I should have climbed up on the table and shouted the announcement. JackLeg made a terrific rocker which we gave to Steve. I am delinquent in making the plaque that goes on it.

woodhead

New User
Alan
Hi Steve, I just wanted to thank you and Gail for the great event. I only got to talk to you briefly but I'm glad I met you. I just recently moved to Raleigh so I don't know many people here but I'm looking forward to meeting as many of the folks here as possible. I loved the event including the food and door prizes. But I especially liked being around all the people who share the passion of woodworking. Regards, Alan and Madeline Tolchinsky

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Steve:

The picnic was a great gathering for all of us,wish we could do it twice a year,but that would be to hard to pull off. Great time was had by all involved. I love that chair even if Rita did not see it, I would like to stop over some evening and show her and take a few measurements from it so I can make one simular to it.
dick

sawduster

New User
Robert
The Shoppe Widow now fully understands why I am so enthusiastic about this group :icon_thum Thanx Steve and Gail . It's gotta take a lot of planning and sacrifice to pull off something like this , and it went off without a hitch
Thanx for a day and memories I will cherish forever !!

DavidF

New User
David
I know one way to convert the US over to the metric system. Give everyone a Festool Domino. No matter how attached someone may be to imperial measurements, Festool corrupts :)

BTW, I've discovered that measurements such as a "smidgen" and "hair" work in any system and any country.

Not forgetting the "Knat's" Shortened from "well you can guess"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS