PICKED UP - FREE WOOD Rough cut wood, I think is Hickory

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I have some wood that will either go to the burn pile or can go to someone that wants to pick this up. I have 8 boards that are 5 1/2" wide, 6+ feet in length, and 5/4 thick or better that I acquired from somewhere, (it's been a while) and I don't want to use it nor store it. This is heavy wood, and very hard. I was told that it was Hickory and sure seems to be by the way it works. I have these that may be worthy of someones time to work. The deal is...you have to pick them up at my shop, or I can meet you within the confines of Mooresville -Hickory - Denver - Lincolnton NC. The pictures show both sides of the boards. Keep in mind, they're not all perfect, but there is a lot of good wood in this for someone.

Attachments

• IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 270

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Phillip, I could take all the lumber. Don't mind picking it up from your shop, as it gives me a good excuse to go by West Penn Hardwoods while i'm in the area.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Phillip, I could take all the lumber. Don't mind picking it up from your shop, as it gives me a good excuse to go by West Penn Hardwoods while i'm in the area.

It's yours for the taking. During the week I'm home after 3 pm, Saturday is a let me know and I'll be sure to be here time.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
That would be perfect for cutting out canes I'm making, but James is more creative than me, so I'll bet he comes up with something much better. I'll still be stopping Friday for the inlay kit Phil--will sure want to see your shop while I'm there. Enjoy the promised sunshine today--sometime.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you Phil for the boards, they will be used in several different ways; I finally found time to un load them and stick them up. I enjoyed seeing your shop, it's nicely arranged!

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
You are most welcome, you and James both came out nicely on that deal. You are too kind on the nicely arranged thing, it's total chaos right now, but getting better... I'll take some pictures once it's done and 'clean' so we can save them for a memory someday. You all are more than welcome to stop by again...

Thank you Phil for the boards, they will be used in several different ways; I finally found time to un load them and stick them up. I enjoyed seeing your shop, it's nicely arranged!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It would be nice if we could get together for coffee again with other woodworkers like we did before our meeting place went out of business; maybe soon.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS