Photo Albums -

KC7CN

New User
Don
Hello All, it's been a long time since I have posted. I've completed a few projects lately, and attempted to create a new photo album in order to share my project. Problem is, a lot has changed with the user interface - I'm totally lost! The old interface was a challenge, but I managed to figure it out. I managed to upload several images and create an album, but was unable to identify and locate features to sort and select album cover photo. And when I found a Filter that sorted the album, it was only a temporary sort - didn't Save! Long story short I gave up and deleted the album.

I've always been very grateful for having the albums, so I'm hoping someone can help my find the 'How To' for the new Media interface.

Thank you...

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don,
This thread was created earlier this year, I found it while searching for 'Photo Albums'. HOWTO: Media Gallery and Media Albums

I think a few enhancements have been made since then.

'Add media' can be found in the main menu at the top of the site, or if you are in the Media folder, it will be a maroon button on the far right of the screen above the sponsors ads.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 7.47.08 AM.png

After clicking 'Add media', you can scroll to the very bottom of the list presented to 'create a new personal album' or 'add media to an existing album'.

Click 'create a new personal album', you will be prompted to create a title. Once the title is present, click on the icon to upload a file. You can select multiple files by holding the 'Ctrl' key, then click Open.

Once all of your selected files are uploaded, click on 'Save'

KC7CN

New User
Don
Thanks for all the replies. I was able to create an album, however the problem was working with it to sort the photos, and choose the album cover photo. So, for the time being, I am using my Google Album, and just added a post in General Woodworking about my latest project.

Thank you...

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
if you select your photo you wish to be the album thumbnail, click on the button with the 3 dots. From there you can choose to become the album thumbnail.

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 10.21.21 PM.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors