Phil Thien Dust Separator integrated into a 16 Gallon Shop-Vac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC7CN

New User
Don
Hello Everyone!

On the surface, the title of this post doesn't appear be about woodworking, but trust me - this project was all about woodworking, and stopping to make some jigs along the way. Just so you will know, I posted this on Phil Thien's forum and that other form, but I wanted to be share with all of you too!

This project was to integrate Phil Thien's dust separator into my 16 gallon Shopvac. Initial tests are encouraging! It appears to work good! I used a Lowe's bucket to mount the shopvac to the separator. To my surprise, the Shopvac lid locks with this bucket.

P1080592.jpg

A final note to anyone considering building this project! It's not for advanced, intermediate, or amateur woodworkers! For this project, you simply must be persistent!
yellowrazz.gif

Click on this link to view project photos; be sure to read the captions for details.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104032558344910866540/ShopVacDustSeparator?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPKIrsSQ4POhWQ&feat=directlink

-Don

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Don- Nice!

I've been pondering something like that for about a year and can't get past the side entry baffle.
Must have designed it on paper a dozen times, even picked up a 12 gal tub with locking lid at a surplus place.
Never thought to insert the tub in a frame and build the entry on that.

Great job, I think I'll steal your idea.

If I do it will be a little larger with a 12 gal tub on top of a heavy fiber drum.
Mind if I call it "Don's Top Hat"?

Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS