Phenolic saw plates cheap!

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Bruce,
I need a few more, 3 of there (Laguna) JT-8's plus 2 of the inserts for a delta unisaw model 36-L552 DL-7 I think, and one for an older unisaw leecraft #DLIU

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Seems I missed on 4 saws but I ordered 30+ sqft of base material so I can make what I need. Bruce, thanks again for doing this

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
When the smoke clears and you have a total for me let me know and I'll come to you to pick them up.

Jimbo

James
User
Hi, I'd like to be in for 4 for Sawstop Pro 3 HP. PE to Winston -Salem or happy to pay for shipping. If the response has overwhelmed to system I'm OK to wait for a second wave. Thanks, Jim

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
What a great offer and thanks for coordinating this.
I'd like 2 for a Grizzly 1023RLW.
I'll need to arrange shipping or Pony Express to Asheville with you as I cannot make the picnic. Many thanks!
I will be at the Picnic in February and will be happy to get your 2 inserts and bring them back -- perhaps we can arrange an exchange at the Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Fletcher after then (I'll be happy to pay Bruce for yours as well).

Rob Payne

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
I'd like two of their DL-1U inserts for my delta contractors saw and one insert for a dewalt 718 sliding compound miter saw, if available please. I'll pick up and pay at the picnic.

Last edited:

Craig Eick

Craig
Senior User
Bruce
Good evening. Let me join the others by saying thank you for doing this. I will take 3 for a Grizzly 1023RLWX. I live in Rolesville, NC. Therefore will be glad to mail check for inserts and shipping. When things settle down just let me know where to send the check to.

If in the future they do this again for miter saws that include the Bosch 12” sliding miter i would be in for a coulple inserts for that as well.

Thanks again Bruce, much appreciated.

Craig

agrieco

anthony
Corporate Member
I'm getting sadder for every notice I ahve to write about the non-availability of saw plates for Saw Stops. Never realized there were so many in use, and Ron Lee didn't realize it either until I sent in an order for them. Hopefully they will be available in the near future.

Interesting way for Mr Lee to get market feedback for sure!

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
Very kind of you Rob. Yes, I'd love to take you up on your offer, and yes we can meet at Klingspor whenever is convenient for you. - Michael

I will be at the Picnic in February and will be happy to get your 2 inserts and bring them back -- perhaps we can arrange an exchange at the Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Fletcher after then (I'll be happy to pay Bruce for yours as well).

Rob Payne

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bruce,

In that they aren't available for Sawstop saw, is it possible to get a 1/2" piece of the phenolic sheet just about any width and length so I can make my own. I've made them from phenolic in the past and they come great. All you need are the leveling screws.
Thanks so much for putting so much effort. I'm sure it turned out to be a bigger job than you thought.

yes it has turned into quite an event. I will be loading up a an assortment of thicknesses and I'm sure there will be some 1/2". I'll mark you down for some.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
If there will be a PE to the Raleigh area or they can be shipped (my expense) then I'd appreciate 6 inserts for a Porter Cable PCB270TS table saw. The Leecraft number for those is HT-1. They're great inserts and I use them all the time. Thanks for taking this major project on.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Hi, I'd like to be in for 4 for Sawstop Pro 3 HP. PE to Winston -Salem or happy to pay for shipping. If the response has overwhelmed to system I'm OK to wait for a second wave. Thanks, Jim

Sorry James, they are not available for SawStop at this time.

dwminnich

New User
Dave
They do not have leveling screws Dave, but I've made my own plates from phenolic sheets for my Jet cabinet saw. I cut them on the band saw, and planed to thickness; I've had no problem, don't need leveling screws.

OK, count me out, then. I'm already making them as I need them and will continue the same way. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
​Due to a change in the scheduled pick up of the saw inserts and phenolic sheets, the order deadline has been extended over 2 weeks until February 15. Keep submitting your wants until then! Thank you folks!

Boomer76

New User
Boomer
Thank you for doing this. I would like 3 for the Delta 36-725. I would be able to pick up from you.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors