Pesky Spindle Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have had the Bosch Colt (PR20EVS) for several months now and ever since I bought it I have have to fight with the spindle lock button when inserting or changing router bits! The darn thing keeps slipping - most notably when undoing the collet!:BangHead: Other reviews I have read also had this complaint.

Well....found a solution (with a little help from another site) and thought I would pass it along to other Bosch Colt owners who also are experiencing the issue. I went to a bicycle shop and bought a 10MM "Cone Wrench". Its just a small stamped steel wrench that is thin enough to fit the flat spots at the base of the spindle. Now with the supplied collet wrench, I have a 2 wrench system and can give up on the spindle lock!

Other than this one annoying issue, I think that the trimmer is an excellent router for doing that small stuff! (I have even used mine to plow 1/2" dado's, 1/4" deep (multiple passes of course) with a high degree of success. Much more control when doing the small stuff!

Anyway...just thought that this may be of use to those with the Colt!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS