Performax 22-44 conveyor belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Anyone know where I could get a rubberized replacement conveyor belt for the performax? Might as well bite the bullet and get one rather than continually replace the regular type belts. Since I don't use it regularly, the belt has a tendency to take a set and with the problem of the seams coming apart, I don't see putting more money in the regular type belts. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Mike,
I am not aware of a source for a new rubberized conveyor but then again I haven't looked for one before. Is your belt separating at the seams do to lack of use only or do you think there might be other problems causing it also? If it is just lack of use do you think running the conveyor occasionally (weekly?) would help to reduce the set in the belt? Please let me know if you come across a source for the new style of belt you are looking for.

D L

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Contact McLeod Belting Co INC in Greensboro, NC 800-632-1316. I've bought several belts for larger sanders generally in the $ 300 - 500 range. For the small performax I'd guess $ 150 - 250. they have a wide range of belts just tell them you want the cheapest belt you can get for a feed conveyor on a small drum sander.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Mike,

I'm also surprised by the belt failures on your performax. I've got the 16/32 and it only gets sporadic use but I'm 3 1/2 years into the original belt with no signs of failure. It may be a different setup with the 22-44 but it could be that you have too much tension on the belt. I keep mine set just barely tight enough to prevent slipping.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Are you looking for the actual belt that it sits on that feels like sandpaper?

If so, I have one brand new in the box never used.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Travis Porter said:
Are you looking for the actual belt that it sits on that feels like sandpaper?

If so, I have one brand new in the box never used.

Yea,

Its the belt that pulls the wood through the sander. PM me if you want to part with it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS