People who join just to sell stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
What are peoples thoughts about charging for ads for people who join just to sell stuff? If they have less than a certain number of posts or none at all? Just curious.

Doug

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't think that someone who joins the site and right off the bat post some classified ads to sell stuff is a bad thing. What they are selling benefits the membership, and who knows they may also become a participating member of the site. Or just fade away after they've moved their stuff. I know recently we had a new member, Sunsetwood I believe, that mentioned in his bio that he was joining to post his equipment for sale as he was getting out of the ww'ing business. There's some great equipment listed, I just wish I had the money to buy some of it :cry_smile

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I don't think that someone who joins the site and right off the bat post some classified ads to sell stuff is a bad thing. What they are selling benefits the membership, and who knows they may also become a participating member of the site. Or just fade away after they've moved their stuff. I know recently we had a new member, Sunsetwood I believe, that mentioned in his bio that he was joining to post his equipment for sale as he was getting out of the ww'ing business. There's some great equipment listed, I just wish I had the money to buy some of it :cry_smile

Dave:)
Yeah, what he said:gar-La;

sapwood

New User
Roger
No problem here. Over the years folks have joined to sell stuff, ask a specific question, or for assistance with a project . . . then never return. Those "temporary" members have provided opportunities for tools and commissions that benefit others.

Roger

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
No problem here. Over the years folks have joined to sell stuff, ask a specific question, or for assistance with a project . . . then never return. Those "temporary" members have provided opportunities for tools and commissions that benefit others.

Roger
But, we have also had some stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS