Penny whistles in various media

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
Hi, all.

I have been designing penny whistles. So, we tested copper and PVC ones last night, and I am going to make turned wooden ones today.

A video of the copper whistle being tested at the WINDSONG rehearsal last night is here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdwZHEQFnYw&feature=youtu.be

Info on the Celtic concert in which this and almost 30 other instruments are being played is here, WINDSONG 2014- A Celebration of Celtic Music and an article about it in yesterday's Asheville Citizen-Times is here, Asheville Music School launches concert series

WINDSONG is Milissa's production group, if you didn't know. She puts together various concerts with various musicians, and does them as benefits (unless you insist on paying). This upcoming one is a Celtic concert, and then there is a kid's music show, followed by a Baroque flute choir, and an Italian Christmas program... It's fun!

Windsong Final Pics-4.jpg

Cheers,

Alan

Rick M

New User
Rick
I made a few from PVC, quite the learning experience. My favorite was a C. But after a couple months practice with little improvement I had to admit I have no talent whatsoever for playing. I'll check the pics and video again when I'm back on my PC.

Did you use software to design them or just wing it?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
I made a few from PVC, quite the learning experience. My favorite was a C. But after a couple months practice with little improvement I had to admit I have no talent whatsoever for playing. I'll check the pics and video again when I'm back on my PC.

Did you use software to design them or just wing it?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

We started with this info, http://www.ggwhistles.com/howto/index.html

Now we are refining them on our own. Milissa and the young man in the workshop with me today are talented musicians, and so they can tell me what I need to accomplish from this point and I figure out how to do it.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I am drilling whistles using gun drills and forced air. I get the gun drills on ebay. You blow air through them instead of oil and it blows the chips out while you drill. They are self centering and only have cutting edges at the tip so they don't wallow.

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
I am drilling whistles using gun drills and forced air. I get the gun drills on ebay. You blow air through them instead of oil and it blows the chips out while you drill. They are self centering and only have cutting edges at the tip so they don't wallow.

Hi Andy,
thanks for that tip, I don't have an air thingy so i'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors