Penn State Cyclones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

New User
Dave
Can anyone give me any personal experience with Penn State cyclones? I am seriously considering upgrading from my 1.5hp single stage to a cyclone. My budget will be around $1000 and Penn State has several in that price range.

I was also looking at Onedia, but solely based on specs, they appear to be more expensive for a comparable PS system.

Are there any other cyclone systems I should consider?

Thanks!

sssfox

New User
Steve
I have the 1425 and haven't had any problems with it. I mounted it on the wall by myself and it is VERY heavy. I had to put an eyebolt in the ceiling to winch it up to the mount. I also had to drill additional holes between the two housing assemblies to get the intake and exhaust rotated to the angles I wanted. It works very well.

I also bought the exhaust muffler. I think it makes a difference, but not as much as I thought it should. The thing is noisy and I wish a had had the option to put it in another room.

I spent more on the ducting than I did on the cyclone.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have one I bought on CL and have used for 3 years now. It has been great! No issues whatsoever. Got a great deal on it and some piping too. I highly recommend them.

dave

New User
Dave
Thanks guys!

Do either of you notice that very fine layer of dust build up in your shop or does the DC do a job filtering that out as well? One reason I am looking upgrade is because with my current DC, I am still getting very small particles back into the shop and from my research lately, that is the most hazardous to my health.

Also, are you able to wash your filters or do they have to be cleaned another way?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Thanks guys!

Do either of you notice that very fine layer of dust build up in your shop or does the DC do a job filtering that out as well? One reason I am looking upgrade is because with my current DC, I am still getting very small particles back into the shop and from my research lately, that is the most hazardous to my health.

I have a separate air filter unit for the finer particles and do not rely on the Cyclone to catch and/or retain that size material.

Also, are you able to wash your filters or do they have to be cleaned another way?

I periodically clean my filter, and your post has reminded me that I should do so again soon. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors