Pedestal Table Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I got the last coat of Poly on the walnut and rosewood veneer pedestal table yesterday. Two people are intrested in buying it but LOML has to decide if she wants it or not. If she does, something else must go in the house as it's full now. In my origional post I said I wasn't sure if the veneer was really rosewood but after finishing I can see that it is.

Attachments

• 100_0376.jpg
    100_0376.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_0378.jpg
    100_0378.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 150

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Absolutely gorgeous, Larry!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I have to agree with the LOYL, definitely a keeper. A real showpiece and a piece of furniture for which you should feel extremely proud.

Thanks for sharing. (Have you thought of entering it into next years calendar contest?)

Wayne

sediener

New User
Steve
It looks incredible...

One design suggestion, if the table can be rotated a slight bit, I would align every other point or the center of each curve with a leg.

- Steve

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's a thing of beauty, Larry. My wife would NEVER let something that good leave our house! (Course I wouldn't have made it either!)

nelsone

New User
Ed
That really turned out nicely! Out of curiosity, why did you use poly instead of lacquer? I haven't used lacquer yet either, but all of the pro's seem to swear by it! Quick to build and easy to rub out.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Ed, No real reason not to use lacquer except that I've just always use poly or shellac. I'll have to try it some day. I made a slight change in the orientation of the top to the legs after Steves post yesterday. I looked at the table again and unless you were looking dead straight on it seemed that it didn't line up right. I took his suggestion and lined the legs with the center of the curve. Problem solved. Thanks Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS