Peck and Mack /Atlas tool

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Just finished refurbing a plane that is a bit of an odd ball. Peck and Mack /Atlas tool company, NY. Seems to be from the mid '20s.
It is labeled as a #4 and about the same length, but the iron is only 1 3/4 wide. Really cheap ( stamped steel frog) but is a fine user. As far as I can tell, zero collector value. Might be just the ticket for younger students. I am missing the adjustment wheel. Anyone got a spare wheel off an old Stanley to donate? Plane will be headed to Bull City Woodworking.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
The adjuster this needs threads measure about 25mm OD where a Stanly reads about 30. Unobtanium?
Of course, it can be adjusted tap-tap-tap, but maybe not the best for a student.

Before and after. It cuts. Quite well actually.

Attachments

• 20230317_135653.jpg
    20230317_135653.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
  • 20230318_054252.jpg
    20230318_054252.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 56

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
If they fit a Stanley, the threads are too big.

Odd, it has a #4 in the casting, but I guess it is a #3. Never seen a 3 before. I thought they were shorter, but just narrower.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I have a box of planes for you.
Super. Let me find out which day a tree-trimmer is coming and I will then find a time I can make the drive.
I'll bring the little job. It is quite a wonder seeing how cheap one can make a plane. Lessons some of the current cheap plane makers should see.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS