PE request (update): need help in north Raleigh (was South Hill, VA to NC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

New User
jay
There's an item in South Hill, VA that I am buying. I need someone to pick it up for me if possible and help out with getting moved in the direction of little Washington, NC? South Hill, VA is on I85 and about 8 miles from the VA/NC border.

Even getting it to Raleigh, Rocky Mount, Wilson, etc. would help a lot. It's a small benchtop shaper that should fit in a trunk, backseat, or back of a truck. It weighs < 100 pounds.

Can anyone help a tool junkie out? :rotflm: Thanks.

EDIT 5/28/11: See updated request below.

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: PE request: South Hill, VA to NC

I am 20 minutes from Bracey, VA and 30 from South Hill, VA. I still travel to the Triangle a lot. Maybe Glenn can pick it up and transport to Bracey and I can haul to the Triangle and either meet you or leave it with another member.

Sully

New User
jay

Fantastic! Thanks Scott and Glenn. Glenn, I got your PM and will be in touch via telephone later today.

Jay aka Sully

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis

I live about 3 miles off 85 in Durham if you need a dropoff location. I've got room to store it for a bit.

Sully

New User
jay
Scott and Glen have generously offered to get this shaper heading in the direction of Raleigh. :thumbs_up Thanks guys!

However, it turns out that the seller's sister will probably be able to take it directly to Raleigh from Kenbridge/South Hill on a scheduled trip later this week (~Thursday 6/2/11). She can drop it off at another relative's house that lives near the intersection of Creedmoor Rd and Strickland Rd in northern Raleigh. So, my update is to ask if someone in Raleigh can pick it up from there and store it for a little while. I should be able to make it up that way within the next two weeks.

Or if someone in Raleigh area happens to be coming east that would also be great!

Thanks for any help!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
if you can get it here i can store it for a while. I work in Raleigh most days so I can meet you when you need to.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Sully, I'm not too far up the road near Creedmoor and Lynn and could pick it up and hold it for a bit if it could be picked up early evening on 6/2, after I get off work, or anytime on 6/3 since it's my regular day off next week. Let me know if that would help out.

Brian.

Sully

New User
jay
Brian,

Thanks. That would be great. There should be flexibility as to pickup time. I'll get back to you when I know more details.

Thanks,
Jay aka "Sully"

Sully, I'm not too far up the road near Creedmoor and Lynn and could pick it up and hold it for a bit if it could be picked up early evening on 6/2, after I get off work, or anytime on 6/3 since it's my regular day off next week. Let me know if that would help out.

Brian.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
She can drop it off at another relative's house that lives near the intersection of Creedmoor Rd and Strickland Rd in northern Raleigh.

Sully, I live about 2 miles from there. I'd be happy to get it for you - or you could have your sister drop it at my house. I just cleaned the garage, so I've got plenty of space to keep it as long as you need...so if it doesn't work out with Brian, give me a shout.

Chris

Sully

New User
jay
Thanks for the offer Chris. Actually it's the seller's sister, not my sister. If it was my sister I would just make her bring it to me. :rotflm:

Anyway, I'll check and see if that is an option. When are you available on Thursday?

Thanks,
Jay

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Sully, did you get this worked out or are you still in need of some assistance? I got busy at work yesterday and completely forgot to follow up then, sorry.

Brian.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Sully, did you get this worked out or are you still in need of some assistance? I got busy at work yesterday and completely forgot to follow up then, sorry.

No worries. Jay's "shaper" is awaiting pickup in my garage :wsmile:

Chris

Sully

New User
jay
Brian,

Thanks for your offer. :icon_thum Chris assisted with the hand-off :thumbs_up and he is supposed to be putting it all back together, new bearings, electrical, as we speak. :gar-La;

Jay

Sully

New User
jay
Just an update to say thanks to all who offered their help and to give a shout-out to Chris (merrill77). A relative of the seller dropped off the shaper at Chris' place in north Raleigh; he graciously stored it for me until I was able to pick it up this past Friday.

Thanks Chris! :icon_thum:eusa_clap:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS