PE request from washington to winston salem or salisbury area

Status
Not open for further replies.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I need to get a scroll saw from sully in washington to me in Davie county. Davie county is located between winston salem and statesville on I-40. I'm pretty close to salisbury, lexington, high point, lexington, yadkinville, and kanapolis. If anyone is headed this way please let us know. Thanks alot in advance!

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
just to let everyone know that if you are headed from the washington, nc area to anywhere close to the greensboro/burlington area or close to charlotte. I am willing to drive a hour or maybe a little more. 4 1/2 hours is just to far right now though.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanh, the Klingspor thing in Raleigh is coming soon. I would recommend bumping this a few more times. If I get to go, (doubtful) I'll pick it up for you.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
thanks for the idea Tracy. any chance anyone is going to the klingspore showcase in raleigh from the washington, nc area? if I could just get it alittle closer I could make a road trip.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I'm headed from Washington to RDU on Thursday morning. I can pick it up from Sully and take it that far if you have a place I can drop it off (and if it doesn't have a stand since i will also have luggage in my trunk).

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
I can take delivery of it on Thurs from Alan in Raleigh and take it to W-S area this weekend. The best place to meet would be at the Woodcraft as its pretty close to where I work.

Only thing is it has to be able to fit into a Honda Civic Coupe.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
anyone in the rdu area willing to hold it for me untill I can come get it or until I can get it closer. NEVER MIND. guess I was typibg that at the same time as zapdafish (steve)

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Steve, I'll be headed to Woodcraft to pick up some bed hardware after I drop my daughter at the airport! I'll post the approx time when I find out later tonight. Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together!

Jay are you back teaching? What would be a good time tomorrow to pick up the saw?

Since I'm headed to Raleigh, I guess I should post some stuff I have to sell- Really heavy duty 4 X 7 Jorgensen D70 QR front vise w/pop-up steel dog- used, a little dirty and light surface rust on the rods, but works great, 8 square bench dogs NIB (manuf. unk) for 5/8" X 3/4" holes. I'll see if I can gather this stuff together, take pics, and post classifieds tonight.

On the topic of PE- has the NCWW BOD approached WC or Klingspor about using their establishments as PE drop-off locations? Other than having something to put in the back room for awhile and just some liability issue to work out, they would benefit by having two potential customers for each PE item held drop by who might not have done so. It wouldn't hurt sales, since the sales of these items are already done- it might be a nice for all concerned. Just an idea. Should I put this idea in a thread by itself?

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
thanks alot guys. This is why this web site is so great. Steve let me know when and where to meet you in W-S I can pm you my # if you want. Thanks again guys. dont think I could have possibly ever got this saw withoit yall'

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Not sure when I will head to Clemmons yet. Small chance on Friday, most likely Sat. I usually arrive sometime between 1pm - 6pm. Any particular place along I-40 thats good to meet? I can call you when I am fairly close.

thnx...Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors