PC Multi tool at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisnut

New User
Adam
I have one of the PC multitools, it works well. $39 is a great price.

I have a friend who was hurt by the store level restructuring mentioned in the article. On the other hand, if the company isn't meeting their profitability goals and doesn't make changes, they will be out of business entirely.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Years ago, in grad school, I did a SWOT comparison between the blue and orange stores (hard to do for an AU man). One of the more interesting thing I noted was the cost of money for each company. HD was paying considerable less than the Mr. Lowes for borrowed capital according to SEC 10 filings and other public documents.

An interesting aside...One of my classmates called HD corporate and asked to speak to the CEO, then Arthur Blank. The receptionist said, "Hold please." The next voice on the line was...Arthur Blank. Mr. Blank was very gracious and spent some time with my classmate, so I was told.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Thanks to Joe's enabling, I too have one now.

I am having second thoughts as it seems you may have to use PC blades to take advantage of the tool less blade change.

Anybody have experience with this?

Jeff

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
I've been in tool buying withdrawal for awhile now so I guess I'll give this a shot. Add my 10% veterans discount and they almost owe me money!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
$49 here with a full retail of $89. Must be a different model, maybe. I passed.

Gilley23

New User
Bryan
$49 here with a full retail of $89. Must be a different model, maybe. I passed.

Same model, rings up $39.

I got one :). My older Dremel model worked but needed adapters for the different blades plus an allen wrench to change them out. This guy is universal plus has toll-free blade changes. Score!!

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
The shelf price was $49 but it rang up as
$39

Online listed as $39 so I ordered and did store pickup (to avoid any "extra" purchase while walking thru store) but the display shelf was listed as $49. Display was smack dab first thing when you walked into building. Interesting thing about packaging, they had 2 different boxes, with same model and SKU, one was noticeably bigger than the other.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bought one awhile back, at the regular price--it was still a bargain! It works very well.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member

I got one :). My older Dremel model worked but needed adapters for the different blades plus an allen wrench to change them out. This guy is universal plus has toll-free blade changes. Score!!

Exactly!
I picked up a PC model at the DeWalt repair center on Capitol Blvd a year or 2 ago - $50 as I recall. I haven't used it that often, but it is easier to change blades than on the Dremel, and the tool does not get as hot under prolonged use.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan

"Toll-free" blade changes is a pretty impressive feature alright, wonder how they engineered that one? As long as they answer quickly and do not have too many menu options it might even be easier than those toolless models many of us have. :)

I have very much enjoyed my toolless Fein Multimaster for probably close to a decade now as it can be very indispensable in certain peculiar applications that often seem to crop up from time to time on odd projects and also makes a decent detail sander for getting into tight spaces when needed. It is nice to see the technology making its way into more mainstream and DIY toolboxes so that many more can enjoy the benefits (though it is difficult to beat the Fein in terms of vibration and power plus dust collection for certain configurations, but they certainly were not cheap, especially back in the day). Now we can all safely remove our own casts without that annoying doctor's visit. ;)

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
The web price is now $49. Is it safe to assume it will ring up as $49? (That would be the case if the web price was previously $39.)

Gilley23

New User
Bryan
The web price is now $49. Is it safe to assume it will ring up as $49? (That would be the case if the web price was previously $39.)

The tag on the store said $49, when it rang up it said $39. Still a great deal @$49. Take it to the register and see what it rings up....If it's $49 you still got it at almost 50% off. If it comes up $39 then even better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS