PC Guide Bushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I really need a .400" PC style guide bushing. I have a Craftsman dovetail jig that uses this oddball size along with a .500". It comes with dinky sheetmetal-like guides that screw to a Craftsman router base, or to an optional base for non Craftsman routers.
Any ideas how/where to get a .400?
TIA
ken

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Can't help with your question but thought I would pass along my experience with collets and PC. Until I changed to brass collets I had trouble with them coming loose due to vibration. Tried all kind of ways to stop it but nothing worked.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
A recent tip I saw in one of the mags was; "if your guide bushing a working itself loose while using it try a little Teflon tape".

I tried this tip and it works real well.

Dan C

Woodsaw

New User
Qui
I have the same jig and the same problem. I bought the bushing and base all from Sears to work with a PC690 router. Eventually I will buy a PC4212 jig and get rid of the Craftman jig.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I have the same jig and the same problem. I bought the bushing and base all from Sears to work with a PC690 router. Eventually I will buy a PC4212 jig and get rid of the Craftman jig.
That's probably the best solution, getting another jig, but I'm determined to get a PC style bushing to work. Some more detail:
Wood magazine reviewed the jig and rated it hight except for the bushings. Sears agreed to provide PC style bushings, according to the editorial in Wood.
Sears has no idea what I'm asking for, surprise!
I emailed Wood twice, only got responses that my emails were received. I noticed the head man at Wood included his email in their newsletters, so I emailed him. He passed it down to an associate who passed it to the writer of the editorial. He did reply and says he is contacting high-ups at Sears to see why they haven't fulfilled their promise.
This weekend I'm going to stick a 7/16 bushing in the lathe and take it down about 1/64. The sidewall may be too thin, but maybe not.

eezlock

New User
Jim Heffner
Ken, why not buy a P-C clear router base and fit it to you router? then all of the P-C bushings should work for you in what ever size you need.
eezlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors