PC base for Bosch router made from scrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
My Bosch router kit comes with 3 Bosch bushings, but I needed a larger one and Woodcraft had these nice, shiny, BRASS PC bushings (I have a weakness for shiny brass :rolf: ). I made a suitable base from scrap Masonite by copying the Bosch plunge base on the router table. A recess for the bushing is drilled in the face with a Forstner bit.

PC-bosch-scrap-base1-dscf0556.jpg

Here's the opposite side; the rough texture helps keep the bushing tight.:

PC-bosch-scrap-base2-dscf0557.jpg

One can use all kinds of material for accessory router bases; it's not necessary to wait around for a trip to the store to buy "fancy" plastic.

John

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice adapation. Lots of folks have issues with their router bases not accepting the PC style bushings that are used in so many jigs. That's a great solution. What size Forstner bit did you use to drill out the recesses?
Dave:)

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
Nice adapation. Lots of folks have issues with their router bases not accepting the PC style bushings that are used in so many jigs. That's a great solution. What size Forstner bit did you use to drill out the recesses?
Dave:)

I used what I had on hand that was close enough. I have a 1-1/2 inch diamter recess with a 1-1/4 inch through hole; this leaves plenty of play for centering with the bushing alignment tool. I used FH metric screws for attaching the base plate, and center the PC bushing to the plate.

John

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Why didn't I think of that? I searched for a plate for my Bosch router that would take the PC bushing - I should have just made one. Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors