Paypal Raffle issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Gentlemen, we have a problem. Paypal has suspended our account as they do not allow raffles. It doesn't matter if it is legal, they do not allow them. So,,,, we need to take out the word raffle anywhere it appears and call it a drawing and/or move off Paypal for this and on to Quicken Merchant Services. I think Merchant Services will be harder for development, but it is an option.

M

McRabbet

You need to PM Tracy so he can get the team working to help you. In the interim, use the drawing ploy. This one caught us off guard! Did we get any transactions through the first day?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I looked earlier today and we already had $300 worth of ticket sales. This evening I am locked out. PM being sent.

M

McRabbet

I have updated all of the files for the Download Library and for the main Announcement. I emailed the larger files to Froglips to put in for me as I am having some strange upload issues with larger files.

M

McRabbet

Gentlemen, we have a problem. Paypal has suspended our account as they do not allow raffles. It doesn't matter if it is legal, they do not allow them. So,,,, we need to take out the word raffle anywhere it appears and call it a drawing and/or move off Paypal for this and on to Quicken Merchant Services. I think Merchant Services will be harder for development, but it is an option.

Take out "raffle" and use "drawing"!

IMHO, we still have a problem. Although we have changed all of the documents and the Paypal ordering link to use the word "drawing", we are assuming that Paypal is naive enough to think we are selling "artwork". If they monitor the activity and see "tickets", the jig is up, I suspect. I strongly reccommend that we make the transition to Quicken Merchant Services before the artwork falls off the wall and we face another crisis unprepared.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have been thinking the same thing, but moving to Quicken is not going to be without it's challenges. Right now we are paying $39 a month for quicken in it's basic form, and adding this will increase it a bit more. It does look like Paypal authorizes this with limitations, but that could be painful as well.

Regardless, I will start the hunt for another online credit card service be it Quicken or otherwise.

M

McRabbet

Thanks -- I'm glad you understand, too. Its just my integrity getting in the way and we really don't want to getting caught red-handed and ill-prepared for any option. As it is, I believe PayPal hits us for each transaction anyhow, so I suspect the cost is more of a shift to someone else rather than an increase. If we go ahead and get a transition mechanism in place, then we have the option of moving quickly if we need to and we'll be prepared for the next one in the fall (gadzooks, I just hate mentioning that right now after all the work that has gone into this one!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS