Patent Approved

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
I'm pleased to announce that my patent application for "Dial Clock with Counter Rotating Indicators" has been allowed by the USPTO (US Patent and Trademark Office).
Clocks which are numbered normally (clockwise), but whose hands run backwards (counterclockwise) and yet keep correct time has been my signature woodworking for the last number of years.
While this is my 12th patent, it is the first related to woodworking, so I thought I'd share the news with the community.
Now all I have to do is cough up the $600 filing fee :mad:.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congratulations on the patent, and good luck on coming off the fee.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Congrats. Did you draft the patent and claim set yourself or work with a patent attorney? The true value of a patent is the quality of the claim set in order to cast a net as wide as possible to expand the IP space and keep others from identifying flaws that allow copies. A really good attorney skilled in the area is very beneficial.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Having written patents across a wide range of high tech materials and semiconductor devices, I think this one is pretty broad based. Attached are the documents so you can judge for yourself. Let me know if you see something missing. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Abstract_CLOCK.pdf
    112.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Claims_CLOCK.pdf
    163.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Diagrams_Line_CLOCK.pdf
    346.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Specifications_CLOCK.pdf
    193 KB · Views: 128

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
cool stuff congrats ! You're ahead of me on the total patents as well (I'm only at 9 globally) but I think it's great when you can venture out and get IP on something like this.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congratulations!!! So when are you going to host a show and tell session at your shop?

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone - much appreciated.
@pappy I thought about calling them "Back to the Future" clocks, but figured I'd get a call from Zemeckis' and Spielberg's lawyers!
@scott Happy to host a S&T. My shop is small, so could only get maybe 5 other people in it.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Back to Now would be good enough for me, LOL.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Congrats! How did you get past the "non-obvious" and public domain issues? It seems I've seen something like that somewhere in a novelty shop or old-time cartoon. (says he with only one patent) : )

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS