Parallel Clamp special, 4+ for $90! Peachtree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pslamp32

New User
Peter
Just got this e-direct special from Peachtree Woodworking. Looks like an awesome deal and I picked up a set myself. Thought you guys might be interested...

4 - 39" parallel clamps plus face framing blocks for $90...

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_032610.htm

parallel_pro_clamp_700.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
They're not bad, but they're not great either. I bought a set during their last sale, and I wasn't impressed. Some of them slipped and needed a clip replacement. Furthermore, the jaw padding leaves an oily residue.

decibel

New User
Patrick
they're not bad when they're not slipping:kamahlitu. I have quite a few of these and I'm slowly but surely replacing them with jets & bessies... Not bad in a pinch but they are in the back of my clamp rack and only get used when I"m out of the others. I use their big clamps 59 and a 72+ but I rarely used clamps that long.

I might have some still in a box in the shop if you're dying to try them out.

M

McRabbet

I looked at some of these clamps at one of the WW shows last year and was not impressed. My advice is to buy Bessey K-Body (now Revo) clamps even at 50% more -- I have managed to buy four 24", eight 40" and two 50" ones in the past few years and they are worth every penny -- JMTCW...

NH2NC

New User
Eric
I have the jets and they have features that the besseys dont have. I love them.
James

+1 on the Jets, Love em

Love my Besseys too though.....

Saw the Peachtree version at the WW show and just couldn't do it:nah:.
Guess that makes me a clamp snob:eusa_thin

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Bought some a while ago. They are a cheap imitation of "real" clamps:
-Out of 8 clamps 5 slipped ( I had to grind the serrations in the bar deeper)
-One handle thread stripped immediatley when tightened
-The rubber foot leaves oily marks/residues
-The spring loaded release was not working at all one clamp and not very work well on the rest

The only positive aspect on these clamps are the handle grips. I plan to take them off, toss the clamp. I still have some Besseys with the wood handles, so I am going to try to swap them out.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
+1 on the Jets, Love em

Love my Besseys too though.....

Saw the Peachtree version at the WW show and just couldn't do it:nah:.
Guess that makes me a clamp snob:eusa_thin
I don't know about that. I absolutely love my JETs, want 50 more, but I also have a large collection of 6" and 12" Harbor Freight bar clamps. For the smaller stuff, they work great, even if they flex a little. So I'd hardly consider that clamp snobbery.

But the Peachtree ones...if you're buying parallel clamps, they gotta work right. When you're in the middle of an assembly, the glue is setting and somehow got smeared in your hair, you're sweating like a pig furiously whacking one side into position with a deadblow hammer so it at least _resembles_ square from 6ft away, that's NOT when you want a clamp to start slipping...

:gar-La; Of course, that's all just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS