Painted Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
My wife wanted a cabinet in our master bath so after several months I finally finished it. This was my first attempt with milk paint and I thought it was fun to work with. The cabinet is brown on black and cream inside. The top is some spalted ambrosia maple that I've had for several years, dyed brown. There are several issues on the construction that I'm not thrilled with, but overall it came out ok and my wife loves it! The pic isn't the best.

IMG_28801.JPG

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice looking cabinet. I'm sure more of us would like to know about the milk paint technique. Maybe you could do an article on it.........

cskipper

Cathy
Good looking cabinet - we are always our own worse critics. You do have the best measure of success - your wife loves it!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
You didn't go to Jim Heavy's demos in Charlotte. The first and last things out of his mouth are "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!" As woodworkers, we tend to tell all the things we did wrong, or would do different. Don't, just let others enjoy what you did. They will never have any idea of what you consider flaws in tech. or workmanship. Nice looking cabinet!

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Great job Ed. Milk paint is certainly different to work with. It looks so bad in the begining and so good in the end.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
That cabinet looks pretty darn good to me Ed. Do we still have the rule that mistakes don't count if you have to point them out? Or did that go away w/ the upgrade? :gar-La;

Bill

nelsone

New User
Ed
You did notice that I didn't say what I'm not thrilled with, Right?:wwink:

You didn't go o Jim Heavy's demos in Charlotte. The first and last things out of his mouth are "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!" As woodworkers, we tend to tell all the things we did wrong, or would do different. Don't, just let others enjoy what you did. They will never have any idea of what you consider flaws in tech. or workmanship. Nice looking cabinet!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks for the comments everyone! I will say that any issues there are with the cabinet are my fault because I really didn't take the time to some things as I should have. The milk paint was interesting and I'll have to play with it again in the future.

jrfuda

New User
John
Very nice, I've never been a big fan of things finished with mil paint - until now. That looks great. Gives me some ideas for an old dresser that is sitting in the attic (was in there when I bought the house).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS