Outreach - Stokes Stomp - Danbury 9/14/2019

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's time for the annual Stokes Stomp event, this year is it a single day event. Stokes Stomp 2019

We will have the trailer and lathes, supplies for the birdhouses, and golf-tee games. We will be needing volunteers to help out. As this is condensed into one day, i believe the turnout will be larger than previous years. If you live in the Triad area, please consider coming out to volunteer, it is a fun event!

As I have receive more information, I will update this post.

Added to the calendar.

1- Neal
2- Barry W
3- Mike
4- Matt
5- Richard

Last edited:

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Neal, I agree that this will probably be a busy event as it is only for one day. We will need volunteers for set - up Friday afternoon, security provided Friday night, and for the actual event from 9:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. Volunteers will be issued parking passes to allow parking near the NCWW booth (tent).

Moratock Park is located on the banks of the Dan River near Danbury and Hanging Rock State Park.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal, if you would like I can come out and set up like i did last year, we can demonstrate joinery, sticking some molding, and a few other things

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Richard, that would be great! Your handiwork draws an interest to the booth!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Friday SetupSaturday Event
Neal (bowman)​
Dirk (golfdad)​
Barry (Barry W)​
Neal (bowman)​
Matt (mdbundtyn)​
Barry (Barry W)​
Ken (KenOfCary)​
Mike (Mike Davis)​
Matt (mdbundtyn)​
Richard (Graywolf)​

Last edited:

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Reminder, we're about a month out from this Outreach event. This will be a good event for any new members in the region to come out and meet others.

TBoomz

New User
Ron
put me down for setup; provided i won't have to do any heavy lifting [bad back]. General area is one of my all time favorite places for rockhounding, so am familiar with moratock.

TBoomz

New User
Ron
Neal,
Gonna have to back out. I forgot I'd another commitment for that part of the week.
(Having a calendar is only useful if I look at it now and then.) Maybe next year.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
What time do we want to begin Friday setup? Matt, what time is good for you? With the new lathe rolling stands we will not have to begin lathe setup on Friday, we can wait until Saturday morning, which greatly reduces setup time. The primary work Friday is deploying the tents and setting up tables.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Barring anything unexpected, I'll be available after 2:30pm on Fri, but showing up early on Sat works also

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
it will be closer to 5 before i can escape

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS