OUTREACH PROGRAM Train-The-Trainer session

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I plan to be there, send a PM with the address please when things get closer to happening. - Ken.

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
Bill,

We are getting ready for tomorrow, of course, but I spotted this.

Do you need us there? We can make either session, I think.

Milissa (speaking for herself and Alan)

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I plan to be there, send a PM with the address please when things get closer to happening. - Ken.

I may be hitting you up for a ride. My oldest just passed the driver's test and wants to use the car that day. That's why I started the off topic thread about small pickups (what I would rather have).

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I may be hitting you up for a ride. My oldest just passed the driver's test and wants to use the car that day. That's why I started the off topic thread about small pickups (what I would rather have).

Sure, wouldn't mind having some company for the trip. - Ken.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bill,

We are getting ready for tomorrow, of course, but I spotted this.

Do you need us there? We can make either session, I think.

Milissa (speaking for herself and Alan)

It will be great if you can make either this session, or the second one on Dec. 1. While you and Alan are both experienced turners and teachers, it will be beneficial for you to get a feel for the equipment we have on the trailer, which is what we will be using for the actual sessions. Also, as teachers, it will be nice to have your input as to what works and doesn't work w/ students.

Bill

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
It will be great if you can make either this session, or the second one on Dec. 1. While you and Alan are both experienced turners and teachers, it will be beneficial for you to get a feel for the equipment we have on the trailer, which is what we will be using for the actual sessions. Also, as teachers, it will be nice to have your input as to what works and doesn't work w/ students.

Bill

We would love to be there! It is a cool project.

~M.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Bill,
I plan to attend...thank you for hosting this event!

Donn

Maybe we can do a 3 person car pool; you will likely be coming right past me (I am near 1010 and Kildaire) on the way to a point where we could meet Ken (probably near 55 and 64)...

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Milissa, I've put you down for the Dec. 1 session, per our discussion today.

Donn and John, I've added you to the Nov. 10 session, unless you want to wait until the Dec. 1 session. Let me know if you do.

And thanks to all for coming to these sessions, and for volunteering your time for this worthy cause.

Bill

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Bill,

Per our discussion today I'm going to try to be there on the 10th. I'll let you know if I can't be there.

Charley

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I'm with Cathy. It's all been just a little too far for me, so far.

Thanks Susan. We certainly understand about the distance. One nice thing about the trailer: it's mobile. :wink_smil As we get further along in the Outreach program and expand our area, we'll try to have the Train-The_Trainer sessions in other locations than my shop. Right now it's just a convenient location.

Bill

batk30msu

New User
brent
I will be able to attend. Also, should we bring pen blanks to this session? Or are there enough supplies for right now?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I will be able to attend. Also, should we bring pen blanks to this session? Or are there enough supplies for right now?

Good question Brent. Let me answer it for everyone!

If you have pen blanks, or any other small scraps you think might be usable, please bring them along. If we don't have room for them in the trailer, I've got room to store them until they are needed.

In addition to pen blanks, we can use other pieces of wood for scrolling, turning, carving, etc. Phil just posted this thread asking for project suggestions. Do you have blanks like that? How about thin pieces that could be used for scrolling? We're not look for every little sliver of wood you through in your scrap bin because you couldn't bring yourself to throw it away (I personally have never done that :no:) but if you have pieces you think could be chucked in a lathe, or used for scrolling, we could use them.

Bill

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good question Brent. Let me answer it for everyone!

If you have pen blanks, or any other small scraps you think might be usable, please bring them along. If we don't have room for them in the trailer, I've got room to store them until they are needed.

In addition to pen blanks, we can use other pieces of wood for scrolling, turning, carving, etc. Phil just posted this thread asking for project suggestions. Do you have blanks like that? How about thin pieces that could be used for scrolling? We're not look for every little sliver of wood you through in your scrap bin because you couldn't bring yourself to throw it away (I personally have never done that :no:) but if you have pieces you think could be chucked in a lathe, or used for scrolling, we could use them.

Bill

If anyone wants to bring stock for scroll saw work 1/8" to 3/8" works out the best.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If anyone wants to bring stock for scroll saw work 1/8" to 3/8" works out the best.

Good point Scott! If anyone has thicker stock you want to donate, but can't resaw it, bring it anyway. We'll take care of the resawing to get thinner pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS