Outfeed Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi,

I am currently using a Rigid TS2400LS table saw. It has been a good little saw (for a benchtop) for the type of projects I've had. On numerous occasions, ripping log stock I had been using a roller stand, but I believe an outfeed table would be a better solution.

Does anyone out there know where I could find a good plan to build my own? Preferably with collapsible legs but stronger than a card table.

Any sources or ideas that you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have rollers on the back of my saw and have gotten to the point that I hate them. They interfere with anything that goes in the miter slot when I use a wide board, hence I have been thinking about doing this.

My question is how do you attach it to the back of the saw and get the height right? I have a biesemeyer fence so I have the angle iron on the back. Do you do some kind of adjustment rig or space it up? Any need to allow for adjustments down the road?

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Wayne,

Don't know if will be any help or not since I have a sliding table on my Unisaw, but I have a 4'x8' outfeed table in my shop. It has a particle board base with a sheet of 1/8" hardboard over that to provide easy sliding of materials. The table also makes a great work surface and assembly table even though it is a little high for that purpose. Since I have a sliding table (miter bar is removed in the picture below) it doesn't need to be fastened to the table saw and I don't have to worry about miter slots.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That may be just the ticket, Hugh.:) I would have to go with a little smaller version (due to space). Perhaps about 4'x4' would do it. You wouldn't happen to have a shot of the legs/base would you ?

Thnaks bunch!

Wayne

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Canuk said:
That may be just the ticket, Hugh.:) I would have to go with a little smaller version (due to space). Perhaps about 4'x4' would do it. You wouldn't happen to have a shot of the legs/base would you ?

Thnaks bunch!

Wayne

It's not a really great picture, Wayne, but if you'll look in my gallery there is a side shot. The table has 2x4 legs braced with 2x4's I framed the particle board top with 2x4's with the PB 1/8" lower to allow for the hardboard. I screwed the hardboard down and have replaced it once in the last four years. If you go that route make sure you buy tempered material. The non-tempered hardboard buckles pretty badly. The table was just cobbled together, so I don't have any plans.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
A table definitely beats rollers and the outfeed can be dadoed to allow use of miter slots for gauges and sleds. You can make cheap adjustable legs putting a T nut in the bottom of the leg and using a bolt. Put a nut on before threading it in and that can be tightened up against the T nut when properly adjusted to lock it in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS