outdoor blinds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sediener

New User
Steve
We have a screened in covered porch that is accessible from the master bedroom.

This is the view as you walk out of the master bath...

The stairs on the lower right are for our little spoiled Westy so she can get into the bed.

You can see the deck of the newly built house in the background and I am thinking that any future neighbors would prefer not to see me walking out of the shower in the buff.

I am thinking of something like a bamboo rollup blind to place inside the porch on that side.

Does the BORG have outdoor blinds like that or can you suggest somewhere?

thanks,
Steve

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Yep. We use one on our boathouse for shade. We get late afternoon sun under the covered part.

Despite being outside, it has lasted about 10 years. IIRC it was only about $15. Got it at SLowes....

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
You might want to take the wind into account as well. Make sure they are tightly secure or they might blow all over the place and make a lot of noise (or break).

Trent

woodrat

New User
Archie
Steve,

I have the roll up bamboo blinds on my screened
porch an hate them.

They blow around in the wind and make all kinds
of noise in the night if not rolled up. Sounds like
someone trying to break into the house.

They do block out some sun but what gets through
is still hot. I gave up on mine and just keep them
rolled up all the time. I would prefer some that totally
blocked out the sun.

Woodrat

jerrye

New User
Jerry
The ones we got at Penney's are Roman shade-type design, not a roll-up, and they block sun much better than room darkening venetian mini blinds. In fact, if we have lights on in the house at night, you cannot tell from the outside that they're on unless you get inches from the shade. From the street the house looks completely dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS