Other Forums/Need Help on last Post/Special offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Hey guys i hope all is well...I wanted to see if anyone is memembers of other wood working or wood turning forums? I just have a ton of burls and want to make sure I can help other wood workers around us. I'm just heard something from a guy the other day that made me think...He said it was crazy to let a tree lay on the ground and rot, when there are so many talented people out there that could make a heirloom or something gourgous out of it to look at by all. Guys all the money I make goes to the land owner and supplies and whatever is left I try to donate to wood working clubs to purchase lathes and tools for others. So if you wouldnt mind helping me out with some good clubs or forums that would be great...

Thanks to everyone
Chris B

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Re: Other Forums

Thanks guys I will check them out...Also NC Wood Woodworker... I just tried to donate and I was unable to complete transaction..Is this feature still working?

Also I have a smaller Shop Fox Lathe I was wanting to send to someone. This is one I got a guy who was wanting to try turning and he made a couple of pens and then stopped. It will do 8" blanks on it( you can't be aggresive) I think it is Shopfox 1704 3/4 hp 9" cap with 24" bed, Variable speed. I will send this to someone if they just pay shipping. We can just loan this thing to people wanting to start or try turning. I have a couple of tools I can send with it...But if anyone could help on tools that would be great. It has a 4" face plate and I think I have a extra talon chuick I could maybe send.

Thanks
Chris Brittain

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Do you have your burls for sale here?

Where are they? Any pictures and prices?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member

Chris:

If you load up a truck with the burls and bring them to the picnic weekend in Mayyou will sell them all! We just need to make arrangements to meet somewhere else besides Lake Jordan as these transactions are not permitted there.

Maybe Scott Smith's place as it isn't too far away from the lake?

BTW: Susbmit a note to the help desk regarding the donation problem.

Doug

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

Chris:

If you load up a truck with the burls and bring them to the picnic weekend in Mayyou will sell them all! We just need to make arrangements to meet somewhere else besides Lake Jordan as these transactions are not permitted there.

Maybe Scott Smith's place as it isn't too far away from the lake?

Doug

OK by me...

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris

Scott thanks so much...I have heard many great things about you and have been wanting to meet you...Yes I have 6 trailer loads of Birdseye Maple with Ambrosia, Cherry Burls, Poplar Burls huge and gorgous, River Birch Burls, Walnut burls, Dogwood burls, and just regular Ambrosia Maple that is some of the pretties I have seen. I have blanks in all up to 26"x10", but mostly 6",8,10,12,13,14" blanks in all.

Please let me know if there is a meeting or anything before the picnic and I will load up and come see you guys. Or if enough guys get together for a Saturday I could come down check out Scott and try to buy that saw in the picture from him and let everyone check out some wood.

It looks like I have 3-4 wanting the lathe I have to lend...How should I decide who gets it? Someoe come up with a good way to decide and they get a free birdseye Maple blank 12" at the picnic...

Chris

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

I'm a member of Charlotte Woodworkers and Charlotte Woodturners, and soon the Southern Piedmont Woodturners probably. If you can get some images, sizes and what not together to me I will take it to the next meetings I attend.

Charlotte Woodturners actually has a swap meet, or something, coming up in a few weekends. Drop me a PM and I'll give you a contact where you can ask if you could show up with some stuff.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Chris I know I would like a few blanks. If you can get a load over this way I am sure they will move.

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris

GUys I have 4 tons of heavy figured birdseye Maple with Ambrosia streaks....I need just a couple hundred to pay for my saw mill so if any wants to come and look tomorrow at the wood I will load you up and give 25% off....Sunday only....

Please call my cell at 828-994-7333 if you would like to come by tomorrow...If I don't answer please leave a messagae and I will call you back as soon as i turn the saw off. I git a WoodMitzer LT 40.

I guess I have made a career change....Yeehalll...I'm so tired of computers and having meeting to have meetings...it will be great to get to hangout in gods glory all day and make a living...I hope.

So far I have a total of 13K acres to scavenge....I picked up 2 more farms with 150 acres of woods.

Looking to lease a building...Bought a Kubota Tractor to save the back...lol and just owe a few more hundred oin the saw mill....Very little over head means low prices to you guys...I'm also going to offer a special if a member sends me a new customer and they purchase a 100.00 worth I will extend a 25.00 credit to you on your next purchase. I should have the website up soon and and company phone numbers...

Here is a challenge...Help me name my company and if I choose it you will get 100.00 of burl blanks free. So send me your names....

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

The company can take on the same name as the domain (minus the .com). Here are some ideas and I've checked to make sure the .COM is available.

BrittainBurls.com
NewtonBurls.com
BetterBurls.com
TheBurlGuy.com
BrittainWoodSupplies.com (BWS)
BrilliantBurls.com

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
BrittainWoods

I can't wait to get a chance to come over there, you are so much closer than Raleigh! I may stop by and buy the next time I go to see my Daughter in Asheville.

Dragon

New User
David
I've been watching your postings and in a very short period of time you've gone from wanting to trade or basically give away wood to now selling it at pretty much retail rates. I've been trying to catch up with you for several weekends now and for one reason or another, one or the other of us can't seem to make it happen. You initially PM'd me interested in "trading" some of your stumps/burls for my Ambrosia Maple logs. Now you're looking to go full retail and make this a primary source of income. I wish you luck and all the best. From the retail pricing I've seen recently on a 2" thick slab of Ambrosia Maple at Klingspore's in Charlotte, I'm sitting on about half a million $$ here in my own backyard. Guess I need to stop giving it away and go into business myself.

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Dragon you know I will take care of you....I have you several slabs waiting just for you...I'm not really doing retail I'm doing more of suppling the suppliers and I extend there prices to you guys plus give you several pieces for free...PLease just ask a couple of guys that have come by....I think you will be I'm pretty much giving peoiple as much as they buy. Don't get me wrong I would like to do some retail stuff and trying to find a store front, but everyone here always knows my prices don't apply to my NC WOODWORKER BUDDIES... I will always remember you guys and and I'm always willing to trade. So when ever you come see me bring anything for trade from tools, to lathes, to wood, to CHAINSAWS, I need it all.

Well guys I still have a Lathe mentioned above for someone to use...if they just pay for shipping. It probably weights about 80lbs ? I have had 4 people interested but I never received any ideas on how to decide who to give it to,,,Should I just send it to the first one who responded? Also, can anyone help with some tools for it? Once we figure out who gets I could have them contact you about paying shipping on the tools. This was purchased with money from wood sales, so I'm trying to give back also.

Clubs if you are having big meets I can supply a couple of pieces of wood to raffle at your meetings to help raise money for you guys as well.

Also, guys thanks so much for all you have done for me...You guys are the best...I'm going to mark in the picnic, So I can just thank everyone for everything. You guys ROCK....I would also like to supply a couple of blanks for a raffle at the picnic if you guys want to raise some money for the club?

Thanks agin everyone
Chris B
828-994-7333

Also I think I like all the names you guys have supplied, so let me give it one/two more days and I will announce the winner...

CB

Dragon

New User
David
That wasn't a kicking you post, just an observation of entreprenuership. (sp?)
Seems like you've made quite a find there and yes, I am looking forward to getting up there and sniffing out whatcha got.

Been working my behind off here the last couple of days. I'l try to post some pics later on this evening but maybe tomorrow. Cut off an Ambrosia slab off a a stump weighing somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 to 400 lbs. Got to wash all the mud and clay out of it now so I cut it down to a more manageable size. Killed two chains in the process but I hope it will be worth it once I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS