Oscillating Edge Sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
...I am contemplating getting an oscillating edge sander. After searching around and reading on-line reviews (mostly worthless), I narrowed the choices down to Grizzly G0564 and G9984. All other sanders in this price range appear to be clones of each other anyway; Grizzly had the best price and I had good experiences with their equipment in the past.
The G0564 only weighs about 500 lbs, which appears a bit light weight; the G0994 weighs in at about 800lbs and also is quite a bit more expensive. Both machines are 3 hp. Generally, I like to 'see and touch' equipment before I buy it.
Does anyone out there have first hand experience with any of these sanders? If yes, I would appreaciate your opinion/advice.

Thank you,
Bernhard

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
My advice is to get whichever one you decide on quick if it's coming from abroad. Prices are fixin' to go up soon.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
My advice is to get whichever one you decide on quick if it's coming from abroad. Prices are fixin' to go up soon.
Hi Mark,

Yes, you make a very good point...which I have not considered. Right now both sanders are in stock, so I need to do something early next week.
Thank you,
Bernhard

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Laguna makes one that I've been looking at. It may be lighter than what you want and not sure if it oscillates. But it runs on 120V and has a smaller footprint than most, if that makes any difference.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
I have the GO564 and it is a nice machine. I live just south of Raleigh near Lake Wheeler if you would like to check it out

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Laguna makes one that I've been looking at. It may be lighter than what you want and not sure if it oscillates. But it runs on 120V and has a smaller footprint than most, if that makes any difference.

Hi Ken,
Yes, I looked at that one, too. But is does not oscillate, I definitely want an oscillating sander: much better finish, longer belt life, less chance of burning, etc.

Thx
Bernhard

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
I have the GO564 and it is a nice machine. I live just south of Raleigh near Lake Wheeler if you would like to check it out

Hi Charlie,
Thank you for your offer, I would like to take you up on it. Always easier to make a purchase decision if I have seen the equipment myself. I'll send you a pm.

Thank you!
Bernhard

BKHam

Bradley
User
List price on that machine new is only 895 - I think it is a tad overpriced for used - even for Grizzly. Just my opinion.

everyone prices it with a little wiggle room......and if they don't then they are not truly embracing the joy of craigslist tool selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS