Ortur Laser Master 2

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
I was having an issue with the laser going home (grinding on the axis). It just stopped working after the 2nd coaster. Loose wire. They are not easy to clip in but I think I've got them all in tight now. Putting the signs back up on the garage doors! Credit to my son and wife for the sign. Calvin & Hobbes - one of the best comic strips of all time!

Attachments

• laser_cutting.jpg
    laser_cutting.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 133

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
I was wondering why you need the sign? Then I googled Ortur Laser - No enclosure and not sure if the laser beam is visible.
I could not find any info on the type of laser it uses.

All 3 of my lasers have enclosures. If you lift the lid - the laser beam shuts down.

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
Those are nice features. We're looking to build a box around it. Everything comes to a grinding halt in the garage with that running.

Echd

C
User
The ortur laser is visible. And yes the little wires can come loose, which is irritating. Other than that it is a capable little machine for the money.

Make sure you have some method of smoke extraction- let it all build up in the box and it will certainly choke the strength of the laser. I also made a rudimentary air assist from a drilled out 3d printer nozzle, an aquarium pump, and some fish tank hose. It increases the cleanness of deep burns substantially and makes cutting an almost viable proposition, especially in colored acrylic.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS