Orientation of contractor saw on a mobile cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
I moved again overseas, from Japan to Belgium, from a military base with a woodshop to one without. So, I had to purchase a table saw that could be shipped through the mail. The local items were either to cheap or to expensive. I got a nice DeWalt 7480 contractor saw from Grizzly, shipped for about half of what it would have cost me locally. So, now I want to put it on a mobile stand along with my benchtop router table. I don't have a lot of room in the basement shop, so the cabinet would be made as small as possible.

In looking for ideas, I noticed that almost all designs were standard setup with the blade set up from front to back, through the narrow depth of the cabinet. I was thinking that I would have to also build wings for occasional support. But one design had the table saw placed sideways, so the pieces being cut would be support by the wider width of the table and router top. This seems to make sense to me, but I am wondering if the experts here have any advice on the orientation of the contractor saw on a cabinet.

Thank you for any insights.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
So you would be putting the router basically into the table saw out feed table part of the cabinet. That sounds like a great idea to me. You might also consider putting a swing up extension shelf on one or both long sides of the cabinet to make it easier to cut larger pieces, but not significantly increase the size of the cabinet when folded down.

Another possibility is the DeWalt Dwx726 Miter Saw/Planer stand. It folds to become sort of a hand truck, and you can keep the saw attached while it is folded and standing on it's end when it's not in use. I don't know what you would do for a router table though.

Charley

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey, Guy. You say you are in Belgium. Find a Bosch store and take a look at the TS2000 (Gravity Rise Wheeled Table Saw Stand). It has mounting holes for most competitors table saws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS