Ordering trees Butternut

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I'm ordering trees and Butternut came up from my wife. I've never eaten a butternut nut before. Have sawed a few (white walnut) logs though.

Has anyone ever eaten a butternut nut before? Is it really a rich, sweet buttery tasting but or is that just a name?

More info

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I never have, but;
"Are butternuts edible by humans? They most certainly are, and have been eaten by Native Americans for centuries. Butternut trees, or white walnut trees, produce rich and delicious nuts."

Read more at Gardening Know How: Is Growing Butternuts Possible: Information About White Walnut Trees StackPath

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I never have, but;
"Are butternuts edible by humans? They most certainly are, and have been eaten by Native Americans for centuries. Butternut trees, or white walnut trees, produce rich and delicious nuts."

Read more at Gardening Know How: Is Growing Butternuts Possible: Information About White Walnut Trees StackPath

I'm going to order a couple of butternut saplings and air layer them as they grow. It will be many years before they nut but that's ok, they should go well with english walnuts that I will plant along with them.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm going to order a couple of butternut saplings and air layer them as they grow. It will be many years before they nut but that's ok, they should go well with english walnuts that I will plant along with them.
Read about that, it is probably Black Walnut, but I don't think Walnut allows "foreign" trees to grow near them... could be wrong...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS