Only in Hawaii .....

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
I'd like to have me one of them expeditious Powdermilk biscuits..........................

...and a piece of rhubarb pie because you know, "one little thing can revive a guy and that is a piece of rhubarb pie. Service it up, nice and hot. Maybe things aren't as bad as you thought...

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Grand daughter lived in Hawaii for a couple years. Said Walmart had a complete wall of different types of SPAM. Lake Wobegon, Wisconsin, of Garrison Keeler's beloved "Prairie Home Compaion," is definitely famous for PowderMilk Biscuits. Anyone, other than self know how he came up with the name Powdermilk Biscuits? Powdermilk biscuits from Wisconsin would be like hockey pucks for one simple reason. Anybody know why?

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Lake Wobegon, Wisconsin

Actually it's Minnesota, not Wisconsin. ;)

Powdermilk Biscuits are made from whole wheat raised by Norwegian bachelor farmers, , so you know they're not only good for you, they're pure, mostly. Get 'em in the bright blue box with a picture of a biscuit on the front, or ready-made in the brown bag with the dark stains that indicate freshness.

There were some of those Norwegian bachelor farmers in my wife's family. And some of them lived up in the same part of the state where those biscuits are from.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Well in Minnestoa, they put a sign up in a town stating "this is lake Wobegon ......... " always amused me the Minnesotans had such a good sense of humor.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I do not eat Spam, in fact, I do not eat any red meat haven't for 50 years ......... do remember when I was a kid it was 19 cents a can ......
I don't think spam is made from red meat. Best I can remember it's made from pork, and chicken, both of which are now considered white meat." Pork, the other white meat" was a big advertising blitz of the Pork Producers Board a few years back. Still no answer on the biscuits. A hint, it has to do with "The Grand Old Opry"

Last edited:

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
LOL! I went up and got a can from the pantry. The ingredients verbatim: Pork with Ham, Salt, Water, Modified Potato Starch, Sugar, Sodium Nitrite. No mention of beaks or feet. :D

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS