One Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Ok folks its been one year since I picked up my first turning tool.
I feel like I am ready to advance from turner novice class to turner Basic class.
In order to show that I have the skills for Basic class I turned this

Its segmented 3 woods used PH, hard maple, and jotoba 8" tall
and the cup sides are almost paper thin :eusa_danc

So from now on I am to be called Turner Basic class

cup3.jpg

cup2.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I don't mind disagreeing with you at all, but I think you're more on the advanced side of things as well. Then again, I know how modest you Norwegians are. Finnish. Them Scandinavians. Hungarian. Weird Europeans.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I think turning master would fit the bill! You are the turning master.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Earl, I don't think that you need to be taking classes. More like teaching them. That is a spectacular piece, along the lines of those created by the "masters".

Did you turn the cup first and then attach the stem and base or was it all one piece???

Dave:)

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Earl, I don't think that you need to be taking classes. More like teaching them. That is a spectacular piece, along the lines of those created by the "masters".

Did you turn the cup first and then attach the stem and base or was it all one piece???

Dave:)

I turned the top and the bottom, then put the stem in with dowels (otherwise it would have an endgrain glue up) and turned it

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
All I can say is wow. I hope to be able to turn half as good as that in a year. That is amazing.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
me thinks you skiped basic class and moved right on up to advanced class!:icon_thum I'm still in the no class catagory.:rotflm:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Earl,

I am very impressed with the Turnings you have made and showed us here on NCWW. We are blessed to be able to see the amazing talent that you graciously shared with us. THANK YOU!!!

And thank you for helping me set up my shop!

Sincerely,

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Congratulations on successful graduation from basic training. If you continue to endeavor to persevere, you may ultimately achieve your full potential and single-handedly turn a full working Dark Star. Meanwhile, however, you may find the exceptional talents you previously exhibited during your sojourn in the flatsider realm will become substructurally elementary to your future ambitions, so to disregard them is to your peril. Continuation of that discipline is to your benefit.

Meanwhile, we in the Optimum Continuum known as NCWoodworkers will continue to monitor your progress with great attention and interest, as you proceed to

WOW!! everyone.

Go

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS