Once again cannot include pictures in my posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I have read the FAQ and at times I can post pictures in my posts. But more often than not I cannot include pictures in my posts. I can upload images fine and view them in the gallery. When I click on the camera in the toolbar it opens a new tab with thumbnails of the images in my gallery. But when I click on an image nothing happens. My post isn't updated with the embedded image.

I have tried clearing all the ncwoodworker.net cookies and logging out and back in. No luck.
I had this issue before and opened a thread. Eventually it went away and I could post pictures normally. Now once again I cannot. I have to resort to using the image button and pasting links from my gallery. Not fun.

Any ideas?
Salem

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Salem,

Have you tried going to your gallery in another tab and then clicking on the image to make it bigger, then right clicking it and copy the image, then go to your post tab and paste it? Does that work?

I just copied this from your gallery

I hope this helps.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Old school - I put the image URL in between the IMG tags as text. I use PhotoBucket a lot as it has one click fields under each photo for various link types, including IMG tagging. Find the photot click on its IMG tag and it gets placed in the clipboard so you can paste in your post. Works every time (literally 100% success rate). I do use the gallery here also, but it is a lot more trouble to get things in and display them.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.68 Safari/534.24

eyekode

New User
Salem
Thanks for the suggestions but I would really like to used the built in features. I like how it also provides a link to the gallery to get the full sized image.

In my last couple posts I have been doing this manually but it is time consuming.
Salem
Posted from an iPhone

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I like the idea of hosting my wwing pics here and I do have around 200. The built in stuff here is just a little clunky (multiple steps to upload, no online editing, can view only a few pictures at once and have to drill in to get links). At PhotoBucket I can upload several files in one operation, edit photos, see hundreds on a single page and get the links with one click directly off that page. I wish we had their features. Click for full size works for images hosted externally also.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.68 Safari/534.24

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Salem,

Move your cursor to the icon to the right of the "mountain" on the yellow background. You'll be good to go.

bobby g
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

CatButler

New User
Bryan
I've had the same problem occasionally where some of the little icons don't work. Also selecting pictures from my gallery did nothing. Sometimes it would work differently on different computers. Not sure if it was some weird Firefox problem or not.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I wonder if its because the Photo Popup image selection is in tab and not a new window.

First, this is the button you are using?
photo_popup.png

Might be a browser setting that is opening it in a tab?

Jim

I have read the FAQ and at times I can post pictures in my posts. But more often than not I cannot include pictures in my posts. I can upload images fine and view them in the gallery. When I click on the camera in the toolbar it opens a new tab with thumbnails of the images in my gallery. But when I click on an image nothing happens. My post isn't updated with the embedded image.

I have tried clearing all the ncwoodworker.net cookies and logging out and back in. No luck.
I had this issue before and opened a thread. Eventually it went away and I could post pictures normally. Now once again I cannot. I have to resort to using the image button and pasting links from my gallery. Not fun.

Any ideas?
Salem
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

eyekode

New User
Salem
Yes I am using this button:
photo_popup.png

And it doesn't happen all the time. And sometimes it works fine from the tab. I will see what I can do to make it a popup.
Salem
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

eyekode

New User
Salem
I gave it a shot. I turned off the preference to open new windows in tabs and I get the same behavior. The window comes up that lets me click on the thumbnails but clicking on them don't do anything.
In the popup window the link for the thumbnails looks like:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_QR#
Doesn't seem like enough information. I could have more than one post being edited at a time for example.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Reading the HTML/javascript it looks like the <a href="#" is being executed and the onclick= action is being ignored.

M

McRabbet

My suspicions are the pop-up window with the pictures may be behind the window you are working with; try minimizing or shrinking the Posting window to see if the pictures window is lurking behind... In any event, you must allow pop-ups on NCWW.net as they are used for PM's as well.

JMTCW
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)

eyekode

New User
Salem
I have an exception for ncwoodworker.net for popups. The frustrating thing is it works sometimes. But almost never right after I upload the images.
Salem

CatButler

New User
Bryan
The only time I ever really saw this was after I uploaded pics of my shelf. I'm pretty sure I tried restarting firefox and rebooting and neither cleared it, but a few days later, the button was good again. I'm pretty sure quite a few things on the toolbar didn't work besides the uploaded photo icon.

I have an exception for ncwoodworker.net for popups. The frustrating thing is it works sometimes. But almost never right after I upload the images.
Salem

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hmmm, are you using Quick Reply or the "normal" Reply?

Is it also problem when you start a new thread.

There has not been an update to the Photo Post module since we first installed it, but there are quite a few things that complicate its nifty features....

What you see with the as a URL for the thumbnail is what I see as well, so I think its "ok".

I'm poking at the onclick part. There are some issues and hacks related to that and certain editors/reply methods.

Next time it "doesn't work", I'd be really curious if you can recreate what Catbutler reported, that other buttons don't work.

Rest assured, we'll either:
A. fix it
B. get to the bottom of it then scratch heads
C. stamp this "working as designed, but the design is flawed"

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

eyekode

New User
Salem
Jim, I tried both new threads and quick reply. Both had the sane issue. I have not noticed any other broken buttons. I have even tried using IE.
But it looks like it works from safari.
Salem
Posted from an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS