Oliver 51-B parts

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I am parting out an Oliver 51-B lathe because the headstock is beyond repair. This is a 12" lathe which has the same bed and banjo and tailstock as the other Olivers like the 159. This lathe has a bed 7' long and the legs have levelling feet. The banjo has had the locking lever repaired and the tool rest has some small chips on the top edge. The tailstock locking handle has been repaired and the spindle locking handle has been replaced. There are 3 faceplates, a 12" outboard, a 6" inboard, a 2 1/4" rosette chuck and a 6" 4-jaw metal lathe chuck which has a backplate for an Oliver 12" lathe mounted. I should mention that I had a Powermatic 3520A lathe and found the tailstock fit on this Oliver lathe bed. Following are the parts and the asking prices:

Banjo and tool rest $80
Tailstock $90

I am located south of Durham and west of Cary, close to I-40 and US 64

Roy G

Last edited:

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Roy,
Can you post pictures of the items you have for sale? I am unsure of what a rosette chuck is or looks like. Also, do you know what the faceplate threads are? 1'x8?
Thanks,
Sam

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Sam, a rosette chuck is like a screw chuck so you can turn rosettes like you see on doors and windows at the corners. The threads are the standard Oliver 1 1/8" by 8 tip.

Trying to figure out how to add pictures-different from Craigs List and OWWM.

Roy G

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Thanks for the info. Are you getting out of wood turning all together or do you have another lathe?

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Sam, right now I am down to 3 lathes. Interesting how the adding picture thing is so complicated. Following the instructions I received led me right back where I started from. Not good.

Roy G

sandfarm

Joe
User
I am parting out an Oliver 51-B lathe because the headstock is beyond repair. This is a 12" lathe which has the same bed and banjo and tailstock as the other Olivers like the 159. This lathe has a bed 7' long and the legs have levelling feet. The banjo has had the locking lever repaired and the tool rest has some small chips on the top edge. The tailstock locking handle has been repaired and the spindle locking handle has been replaced. There are 3 faceplates, a 12" outboard, a 6" inboard, a 2 1/4" rosette chuck and a 6" 4-jaw metal lathe chuck which has a backplate for an Oliver 12" lathe mounted. I should mention that I had a Powermatic 3520A lathe and found the tailstock fit on this Oliver lathe bed. Following are the parts and the asking prices:

Bed and legs $100
Banjo and tool rest $80
Tailstock $90
Faceplates $100

I am located south of Durham and west of Cary, close to I-40 and US 64

Roy G
Do you still have the bed and legs?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Might be interested in the banjo and tool rest need the spec on it , how long /tall amd the tool rest post is 1"?

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Joe, I still have the bed and legs. Was going to put them on Craigslist but not yet.

Casey, the tool rest is 12" long and the post is 1" diameter. The banjo fits all the Oliver 12" lathes, it's taller than a comparable Delta banjo. Shipping might be expensive.

Roy G

sandfarm

Joe
User
Roy, thanks for your response.
Would your lathe bed have the toothed bar for a carriage to follow?
Joe, I still have the bed and legs. Was going to put them on Craigslist but not yet.

Casey, the tool rest is 12" long and the post is 1" diameter. The banjo fits all the Oliver 12" lathes, it's taller than a comparable Delta banjo. Shipping might be expensive.

Roy G

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Joe, the bed does not have the rack for a carriage. It was not a pattern-maker's lathe. The top of the bed only extends out from the rest of the bed by about 1/2" so it doesn't look like a rack could be fitted.

Roy G

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member

Roy G
Send me the dimensions so I can figure if I can make the shipping work.
In Hawaii you want Tuna or Waves, got'em ... you want machine parts, well uhhh we got waves, :rolleyes:

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
For everybody's information, the banjo along with the tool rest fit in a large USPS flat-rate box. And so does the tailstock, only by itself.

Roy G

kelley

New User
KGB
For everybody's information, the banjo along with the tool rest fit in a large USPS flat-rate box. And so does the tailstock, only by itself.

Roy G
Hi, Do you still have the banjo and tool rest for your lathe?
Thanks,

kelley

New User
KGB
Thanks,
i’m new to this group.
Would you suggest posting what I’m looking for in the forsale/wanted site?

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Kelley, for older machine parts, I would think you would have better luck posting on the OWWM.org site. That site is devoted to older machines and has a world-wide audience.

Roy G

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS