Older Festool tracksaw

aircooled

New User
Newb
I'm looking at a Festool ATF 55e with track for 300 bucks. From what I'm reading this is the first generation saw. Is this a good deal, or just an average deal? I have been looking at the Wen saw with powertec rails. Almost the same money. Opinions? Thanx!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
sounds like a steal. but like with guitars, you always want to lay your hands on used tools before buying. Or, have someone you trust do it for you.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Like NCPete said you really need to see the condition and how it was treated before buying, but 300 bucks for a track saw ..... great price

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
That is a pretty old model, from what I've read maybe 15+ years old, so I would be careful, make sure it runs good. If it only comes with one track, depends on which track it is for how good a deal it is. For that money I'd rather spend more (yeah, probable 2x more) and buy new just based on the age of the ATF 55e and to get a 3 year warranty.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
Yes, I think that is how it always works. You need to register for the emails and watch for the product you want. Items sell out fast, so if you don’t respond quickly you will likely miss out. I was able to get a track saw and dust extractor separately by watching for the emails. I missed out on a few before I was successful.

aircooled

New User
Newb
That is a pretty old model, from what I've read maybe 15+ years old, so I would be careful, make sure it runs good. If it only comes with one track, depends on which track it is for how good a deal it is. For that money I'd rather spend more (yeah, probable 2x more) and buy new just based on the age of the ATF 55e and to get a 3 year warranty.
Exactly. At first I thought "great deal" but after a little research...Maybe more of a "fair" deal... I haven't seen the saw yet so the jury is still out on actual condition.

aircooled

New User
Newb
I passed on the saw, but registered on Recon (still only one item on the site) so we'll see how that goes.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I finally got a Kapex from the recon email list after missing a lot of them - always sold out 10 minutes after receiving the email. Then one day I clicked the link and it was still available. Quick, free shipping and it works great. Good luck and be quick.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS