Old School joinery at the thrift store.

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
Did a little thrifting yesterday. I don't need a dresser, but I always stop by the dresser area to see if there's anything hand built, old school. There were two. I'm kinda kicking myself now for not taking pictures of the whole dressers. I always love to see a drawer bottom that's one giant board.

The first dresser is what I'd call "country furniture." The second one had nice crotch veneer. Makes you want to take it home and skin it!

IMG_20200904_135430.jpg
IMG_20200904_135600.jpg
IMG_20200904_135456.jpg
IMG_20200904_135608.jpg
IMG_20200904_135824.jpg
IMG_20200904_135848.jpg

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Never seen dovetails like those on the feet of the first piece. The pins on the drawers look to be a tad small for my taste on the second piece. But interesting to see what was done in the past.

Roy G

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
Never seen dovetails like those on the feet of the first piece. The pins on the drawers look to be a tad small for my taste on the second piece. But interesting to see what was done in the past.

Roy G

I would say that's what most of the hand cut dovetails I see at thrift stores look like. I think that's just how they did it back then.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Just a personal preference for thicker pins. Those obviously worked since the drawers are still together.

Roy G

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS